FlightAware Discussions

Change location of ADS-B tracker

i´ve just set up a piaware tracker, but on my stats page the nearest location airport is wrong, flightaware associeted with me an airport prettz far away from me when i have a big airport near… How i can change it? thanks

Make sure you’re logged in to FlightAware, then go to your stats page. On your site you’ll see a cogwheel at the end of the orange bar for your site. Click that and in there you can change your nearest airport.

1 Like

That’s not a cogwheel, only Amish people know what that is :rofl:

For the rest of us, that drive cars, it’s a gear!

Gears in the old (mechanical) wrist watch with back cover removed

Noun 1. cogwheel - a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion\ 135x64 cogwheel - a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

cog·wheel

/ˈkäɡˌ(h)wēl/
noun
noun: cog-wheel

1. another term for cog

cog

/käɡ/

noun

noun: cog ; plural noun: cogs

1. a wheel or bar with a series of projections on its edge, which transfers motion by engaging with projections on another wheel or bar.
  2. each of the projections on a cog.

Origin

Middle English: probably of Scandinavian origin and related to Swedish kugge and Norwegian kug

The Emoji don’t lie :rofl: . There is only an emoji called “gears” (that I have linked) but none called cogwheel.

No matter how people may try to put their spin on it, we are cognizant that some are long in the tooth and some ideas may never mesh, creating backlash.

2 Likes

Cogwheel is not a familiar word in North America, but it is a familiar word in UK.

In North America “gear” is the exclusively used and understood word.

1 Like

skip, this is well written, and overtly subtle (if such a thing can be…)

Don’t read too much into what I write, because I may not have thought all that much about it.

Wheely well written.