Change default columns in the unexpanded table view

In the Skyview default view instead of having the “Ident” column displayed I’d like it to be the “registration” column (or ideally both at the same time). The column is obviously there in the expanded view so it seems like it would be pretty easy to do. Any ideas on how to do that? I looked through config.js, script.js and didn’t see a clean/easy way to do it but I could have missed something.

Thanks,

Dave

You can edit the presentation part in index.html. The java scripts updates the sidebar row template.

Also, If you do have automatic piaware updates ON (This is a piaware-config setting) it will overwrite any changes you make on the next piaware update. I suggest you clone the repo and keep your changes there.

1 Like

Hi David,
Thanks for the thought. I tried that and it didn’t work. I did find a solution however in script.js…

In script.js, function setColumnVisibility there are a series of showColumn calls. These are the calls which determine what is shown when the box is EXPANDED. Anything in this list will be HIDDEN in the small version and expanded when you click expand. So to do what I wanted it to do all I needed to do was comment out the showColumn call referencing the “registration” div id. If you ADD a div to this section you can make it hidden…so for instance if you DIDN’T want to see the “Age” column you could add a showColumn entry with “seen” (which is the div id for “Age”) and magically it wouldn’t be shown until you expand.

3 Likes

Hey, I followed this suggestion but cant seem to show the Aircraft Type column (commented out the line in script.js) is it possible dump1090-fa has changed enough since 2017 (last post) maybe there is another way to do this now.

Ideally i’d like to replace squawk column with aircraft type column.

Thanks.

NVM i guess it worked just needed a bit of time before the browser reflected it. I did a few reboots but that didn’t take effect, might have been something persistent in the browser cache.

I still need help hiding a column, specifically the squeak column, any ideas?

Understand the javascript and hide it :slight_smile:

Alternatively, there is a config option for columns in this: GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa