Cessna Skycatcher vs Cirrus SRS

The two giants battle in the light sport category. Which one do you like more, the Skycatcher from Cessna or the SRS from Cirrus?

se.cessna.com/skycatcher/
cirrusdesign.com/future/srs/

I read somewhere that an autopilot will be optional on the Cessna. A lot of unknowns with the Cirrus. I can’t decide now.

I’ll take a rotax over a continental. The Cirrus looks more fun to fly.

Yea!!!
4-3 Cirrus
:smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, but the Cessna appears less likely to leave you stuck up there! :mrgreen:

Well I guess it wins at something.
Cessna Skycatcher…
The Ex. makes me want to puke
The Int. makes me want to commit suicide.

Isn’t the Cirrus a Cirrusized version of an existing plane (from Europe?)? It’s cute and so long as it doesn’t have plastic subway car seats and it’s not made in China and it has a BRS, then it’s got my vote.

Isn’t the Cirrus a Cirrusized version of an existing plane (from Europe?)? It’s cute and so long as it doesn’t have plastic subway car seats and it’s not made in China and it has a BRS, then it’s got my vote.

It’s a version of the FK 14 polaris which is built in Germany.

I think both planes are going to be built with cheap technology to keep the prices low. They are trying to get people into aviation (and hopefully for Cirrus and Cessna up the pipe line), and higher price tages doesn’t do the job, especially with the state of the economy and gas prices.

Plus a lot of people buying these cars are used to the fit and finish of american cars. :angry: :angry: :wink:. They won’t know.

no contest

Then the Skyscratcher is useful! :smiling_imp:

HEE HEEEEEE… Good one, JHEM!!! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/CheckM8/ClapHand.gif

as if there isn’t enough Cirrus pilot deaths :laughing: :laughing: