Can't get new Pi to produce data

I switched from my Raspberry Pi B+ and installed the Piaware iso on an older model B so I could use the B+ for something else. I have the new install updated and piaware is running, but dump 1090 fails to produce data on either port. I am also unable to connect to the piaware:8080 webpage. This is the output of piaware-status:

pi@piaware ~ $ sudo piaware-status
dump1090 is running.
faup1090 is not running.
piaware is running.
dump1090 is listening for connections on port 30005.
dump1090 is listening for connections on port 10001.
piaware is connected to port 10001.
piaware is connected to FlightAware.
dump1090 is NOT producing data on port 30005.
dump1090 is NOT producing data on port 10001.

I have previously used this same Pi with Piaware and the claim your pi page shows the previous claim but nothing new. I have used piaware-config to add my username and password. I’m at a loss to this and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks,
Ken

Never have figured out the problem I finally gave up and put the B+ back online.

Just a thought, could it be the power supply on the older B model that the dongle isn’t getting enough power to operate properly?

No idea. I’m using the same power supply I’ve been using for the B+ but I can try a different one. Thanks!

This was a new install wasn’t it - you didn’t just pop the microSD card from the B+ in a SD holder and use it in the PI … becuase that won’t work due to the network interface on the two Pi’s not being identical and would need some additional work.

Yes, it’s a new install on a different SD card.

Hi Kpryor
Did you have --net switch enabled in d1090 ?

That’s a good question. I’m not familiar with that switch.

Open your settings page 192.168.x.x:5784 post a Screenshot of that settings page and I can see what is wrong

My Pi doesn’t have that page. Not even the Pi that works has it.

Sorry it’s my error, is 192.168.x.x:8754 NOT 5784

Thanks, but don’t seem to have that one either LOL

Maybe I just need to start over :smiley:

yes if you dont have that page, something is wrong, start with clean new installation.

Thanks! The odd thing is, the B+ that runs Piaware perfectly also does not have that page. It has the page on :8080 but that’s it. In both cases, these are stock installs of the piaware iso I downloaded from here, so no idea why this is happening.

Ken

Piaware does not have a status page at port number 8754. That one is provided by the flightfeeder24 software.

Guess that would explain why I’m not finding it :slight_smile: