BUG: KML (google earth) tracklogs malformed


#1

I was looking at this flight:
flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU4 … ogle_earth

in google earth and noticed the tracks were all in the ocean. I did a little digging and it looks like the gx:coord are malformed, per developers.google.com/kml/docum … ce#gxtrack. These should be space separated instead of comma separated. When I change the kml file myself, it renders ok.

I love flightaware, thanks for providing this awesome service.


#2

Nice catch. Oddly, commas worked fine in Google Earth 7 on Windows. The fix will go out tomorrow afternoon.


#3

Thanks for the quick fix. I probably should have included in my initial post that I was running google earth on Linux.