Boeing 757 identity question...

An American Airlines Boeing 757 made a late course correction and unexpectedly came right at me…so I fired off a shot…
The shot was good so I kept it, thinking I’d be able to identify even without registration number visible…(…not the first time…)

Location was LAX and date was May 30 2014, 12:23pm – about 20 seconds before it would touch down on 24L (instead of more typical 24R) – (5/30/14, 12:22:57 PM)

Used Flightradar24.com to set up playback of this and found plane immediately – clicked on it and saw number…and lost it…animation was too quick and plane disappeared and info was lost with it…

…well…try again, I thought…now browser refused to show this same event again…and at times seemed to refuse to show planes over land, but did show planes over sea normally…
Tried to set back time to noon and follow, but this Americaq Airlines 757 never showed up…

Tried to use Chrome to see if it handled this better than Safari (Mac), but did not…

There are over a hundred American Airlines 757 and for many Flightaware does not show any info (when reg number is punched in) – otherwise I would have gone through the numbers systematically to see when a time-location match was found…

Anyone able to do a playback (LAX – 5/30/14, 12:22:57 PM) and catch number…? – I will try again and post if I’m successful…

This is your flight, N680AN / AAL2425: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N680AN/history/20140530/1615Z/KDFW/KLAX

…amazing! – Thank you, rtjorgenson

Much appreciated…allows me to embed “pertinent info” with picture file…

You found this info using FlightAware only…?

…I tried to search around FlightAware a bit to see if I could find something that seemed to allow this kind of search, but I didn’t find anything, except of course, trying all reg. numbers for that type of plane (and airline)…that works often, but if you have hundreds of planes, it becomes a chore…

Thanks again!

As an employee I was able to run a quick search in the database and then look up the flight number. There currently isn’t a quick way to find the flight unless you know the flight number or registration to search on.

If you went to the website the day of the flight you could look at the KLAX page, or https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KLAX/arrivals.

…cool…I understand – yes, definitely good advise to check as quickly as you can, if you know you’ll eventually want to establish identity of (an) aircraft…

Many thanks again… : )