Blue Star Jets

Does anybody know or understand how Blue Star Jets operates? I know they dont own any of there planes but how would anyone figure out how many flights they are doing?

From what I could find on their website, the jets are not property of Blue Star Jets. I couldn’t even find confirmation that they own any jets (I know someone will correct me if I’m wrong). BSJ is just a brokerage company; you tell them what kind of plane you need and when you need it and they find the company for you. They basically scratch each others back.

I also found this after further navigation through their website:

All flights are operated by Part 135 carriers. Operators providing service for Blue Star Jets clients must meet standards set forth by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for safety, security and service.

That can be found here.

Short story long…you would have to know the companies they contract with to know what the flight numbers would be. I would think that is the only way to track their flights.

FA Gurus…commence the correcting.

Blue Horseshoe LOVES Blue Star!
Sorry - I couldn’t resist…

mkiogima is correct. BlueStar is just a charter broker. They have no authority to conduct any flights on their own. All flights must be operated by a certificated air carrier – not BlueStar.

Customers can call BlueStar to book a flight, then BlueStar will act as their agent to find a charter company than can fly the flight.

BlueStar is very good at marketing themselves and charter. Smart customers will inquire about who the charter operator is and they’ll know the operator’s safety record and detailed information about the crew before the flight. Use the NBAA’s Aircraft Charter Consumer Guide (free at www.nbaa.org/charter) to screen brokers and operators. If the broker won’t answer your questions about the operator, then deal with another broker or directly with a charter operator.