Blue FA 1090 filter availability?

See the reply above yours from FA staff:

abcd is correct, Iā€™m not sure how you got a different interpretation from my post.

Wide 1090+978 filter, old label. If you see this for sale, as I said above, itā€™s old stock or an old photo:

Wide 1090+978 filter, new label (same filter as above, just different text on the label to make it clear itā€™s the wideband version):

Narrow 1090 filter, always has had this label:

I have a light blue one here that Iā€™m not using.
If anyone wants to swap it for a dark blue one then Iā€™d happily do it.
If youā€™re outside the UK and canā€™t find a light one, this should be straightforward. Order a new dark one from a UK supplier to be sent to me and Iā€™ll post the light blue one to you by whatever the cheapest air mail to your country is.

Hereā€™s what it looks like on the VNA.

filter

This is the original label, before the dark blue version was released. The ā€˜newā€™ light blue label says 1090+978 Filter, since itā€™s for the US market.

OK, thanks

That was the confusion on my end.

obj: Do you see any risk to reception performance if a US user with a strictly 1090 receiver uses the dark blue 1090-only filter?

There will be no problem using a filter designed for 1090MHz on 1090MHz.

1 Like

@esmathews, any chance for some of the dark blue ones being added to US Amazon when the next shipment of light blue ones is sent to them?

@dmandrell Weā€™re going to drop everything once the filters arrive, get them through our quality testing and ship them to Amazon. If we did decide to send some 1090 only filters it wonā€™t be with that shipment.

If thereā€™s enough demand to list both filters in the US weā€™d be happy to make that happen.

I canā€™t speak for others, but I would buy at least 2-3! Dealing with Amazon in the US is so much easier than anything else.

I will buy one from Amazon Canada if it is made available there.

Why not to open a poll or pre-order to enable FA to know the demand for 1090 only (dark blue) in USA & Canada?

2 Likes