Automatic Updating to Pi 4.0?

I just receved an email about version 4.0.
To be honest I just don’t have the inclination or the time right now to spend manually updating.
I would like to update before I leave town for awhile.
I’m not Linux savvy, so any help getting the Pi updated while it’s running 3.8.1 would be helpful.
Is it possible? if so please let me know how.
TIA

Step 1

Login to your FA account and go to this page
https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4 & 5

1 Like

WOW Took me more time to write the post then update. Thank You
I can get on with my trip.

As long as we’re on the subject, a question;
I assumed “Automatic Update -On” was literal, but it did not automatically update. What am I Missing?
Thanks Again

If automatic updates are allowed, this means that you’re happy for FlightAware to trigger an upgrade without explicitly requesting it. The upgrade process is functionally the same as a “manual upgrade” explicitly triggered from the site control panel - the difference is only in how it is triggered.

However, we don’t trigger these upgrades immediately when a new version is released - we wait for a while after release to try to discover any undetected problems before we push the changes out everywhere.

Ahhh Thanks for clearing that up.

Good Day

Does the presence of the “Upgrade and restart” entries in the dropdown list tell me that an update is ready for install beyond 4.0, or is there another indicator somewhere in the interface that flags if an update is ready and waiting to install?

Thanks!

No.

Not directly. You can try sudo apt update && sudo apt list --upgradable for that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.