As Many As 5 Dead In NJ Small Plane Crash

wcbstv.com/local/small.plane.cra … 96203.html

More as the information develops.

Always a sad situation for everyone.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/nj_plane_breaks_apart_on_landi.html :cry:

I left the airport just before this happened. I hope it wasn’t a high speed pass. Apparently, some family members were watching the plane from an SUV near the runway. So tragic.

I left the airport just before this happened. I hope it wasn’t a high speed pass. Apparently, some family members were watching the plane from an SUV near the runway. So tragic.

Thanks for the update gretnabear
Witness accounts:

nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 … _cras.html

WTF?

*Matichuk said he saw the plane did not have its landing gear down, and “it seemed like he was going side to side.”

The pilot then pulled up, Matichuk said, and “a piece of the plane fell off,” Matichuk said. *

Tail # N12NA

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/5/8/6/0461685.jpg

Going side to side…maybe rocking the wings for those watching from the ground.

[quote=“victorjuliet”]

Some aero work maybe. “That was some of the best flying I’ve ever seen. Right up until the part where you got killed…”-Jester

RIP

Word at the airport is that half of the elevator was all by itself and about 100 yards away from the main wreckage. Couple of guys said he came screaming in for a low pass. Did he rip the tail off? Guess we’ll find out in about a year.

I’ll admit to not being all that familiar with the Skymaster, but does anyone recognize that STC’d wingtip mod on the accident aircraft?

aviationenterprises.us/

Thanks.

The Kathryn Report news and photos.

“Wing Broke on Crash Skymaster”

LINK to report.

Wonder what his weight and speed were. Not sure, is there a way to discover airspeed from a steam guage altimeter after a crash? I think ther is. I know glass stores that and other info. Mcguire AFB is the radar facility but he was probablly too low for coverage.

Well we all know that Cessna is expecting a law suit out of this one. Will be intersting to follow since the GARA law provides for the prohibition of law suits on planes more than 18 years old.

I’m sorry, but that cracks me up!

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash scene.

Since when does the FAA investigate accidents???

after they occur. :slight_smile:

we owned a skymaster way back in the 80’s…it really was a great plane to fly…