Any interesting trends from Covid-19

Yeah, we’re not going to mention the extra spicey pizza’s they serve in Alkmaar over here :wink:

Looks like Moderna boosters for 40 yrs and older will be approved in a month.

@alleyoopie rest well!

Oh, you burnt lots of calories with that…

Get well soon!
It confirms what many do not understand:
Vaccination does not prevent infect, but it reduces the impact.

Agreed… double jabbed… smell gone, taste gone. Been “suffering” for 8 days now… not cool.

A couple of hours ago I ate a piece of chocolate but I could have taken a piece of soap instead without noticing the difference (beside the foaming).
The only thing I can still taste on my chips is Piccalilli :grinning:

1 Like

I had a SARSlike illness a few years ago: I was so tired all the time I slept all day long except for when I had to get up and take care of dogs and cats, had no appetite whatsoever, had two or three attacks where I suddenly started gasping for air. I’d make a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and had to force myself to eat it and then I could only get half of it down and I’d force myself to eat the other half for dinner. One time I ordered Jollibee delivery, a two-piece Chickenjoy meal with rice and gravy, to try to tempt my appetite along with three peach mango pies as there was a minimum order amount of ₱250 for delivery. When I went to eat my chicken all I could taste was salt. No chickeny flavor whatsoever, couldn’t taste the pepper or other seasonings. Same with the rice and gravy. Those pies sure were good though. I ordered a bunch more the next day and for a week all I ate was peach mango pies and bananas that I got from the little neighborhood store. It took me almost three months to completely recover from whatever that illness was, probably due in part to my not eating very much for so long. This was long before Covid-19 was a thing, so it was either SARS or MERS.

It would clean your teeth, so you could benefit from it :wink:

keep fingers crossed.

In 2019 the winter schedule started now, also 2020 was a downtrend after summer.
Let’s see how it goes 2021

@alleyoopie How are you feeling? I had a scare this week when I felt sick. I got a covid test and it was negative.

Well, my quarantine ended yesterday, feeling good and last but not least taste en smell are back.
Did a Covid selftest a couple of hours ago and the result was negative.
I really enjoyed walking outside even while it was raining cats and dogs for most of the day.
I probably infected a colleague at the office and now she’s positive and so are both her parents so it doesn’t stop…

6 Likes

That’s great to hear! The vaccine isn’t bulletproof, but if you are vaccinated you get a milder case of Covid.

Significant drop today. But probably the weather

Strange, same tendency over here, I would have expected more flights because it’s a day with 25hrs!
Maybe there’s less traffic due to All Saints’ day

i think that hour in the middle of the night doesn’t change anything. The flight crews simply started one hour later.

Tomorrow is a public holiday in several european countries, maybe one of the reasons. I would also expect that the winter schedule will start.
At least that would fit to the 2019 schedule

It’s Sunday, there is always less traffic on Sunday.
Secondary effects will be smaller.

Sundays are normally days with very high traffic here. The most quiet day is Tuesday
On Sunday lots of private pilots with their tiny aircraft are around, maybe not today caused by the weather.

But an interesting comparison can be made on the Eurocontrol Stats page.

Even if yesterday (Oct. 30) was the traffic significantly lower, it was the closest day to the values from 2019.

https://www.eurocontrol.int/Economics/DailyTrafficVariation-States.html

So i am stil with the change in flight schedule

I see a trend in the northern hemisphere.

e707b1e1fd40ec1f6a367e8db0daef9bd39ce0ad0de21dcf121d42d3f2658069

1 Like

Leafs are leaving the trees…the geese are heading south

Unfortunately without ADS-B equipment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of them already have a transponder though not ADS-B

2 Likes

In the Philippines there would typically be more air traffic on All Saint’s/Souls Days weekend pre-Covid 19 as many people would go “back to the province” (as they say here) to visit dead relatives’ graves. However, in my city all cemeteries, columbariums, memorial parks etc. were ordered closed (except for actual burials) by executive order of the mayor. If it’s not the same elsewhere there are at least inter-provincial travel restrictions and limits on public gatherings still in effect. They’re still trying to make people stay at home as much as possible. I’ll have to keep an eye on my stats today and see what happens, but so far I seem to be seeing the typical number of flights on a Monday.

BTW, thanks for reminding me that today’s a holiday. I have some shopping and errands that I need to take care of this week and thought about doing them today but a lot of places will be closed today so I won’t be able to. You saved me from wasting money on taxi fare for nothing. :slight_smile: