Any interesting trends from Covid-19

Which stats? Your FA user stats put you at 357.

Keith Maton

User last online: 5 hours ago
Language: English (UK)
ADS-B feeder since: November 4, 2016
Highest User Ranking Achieved in Last 30 Days: 357

I have no idea what that’s based on, perhaps @obj can help with that figure.

When I look at the UK stats, I see this.

UK

And when I scroll down my own page, I see this.

rating

The rank is based on a summation of aircraft seen -
Mode-S + UAT + MLAT + Other

Look at this page.

User ranking is based on all of a users sites, as opposed to individual site ranking.
The top user is currently running 15 sites.

Ahh, we’re talking cross purposes. I was talking about my site ranking, not my user ranking.

It’s not stats per se, but here in New Mexico our hospitals are at or near ICU capacity and I’m seeing a lot of medical helicopter and prop flights back and forth from cities in hard hit regions to KABQ. Just guessing, but most are likely covid cases either needing a bed or just in a bad way and need more care than the small hospitals are able to provide. A lot more air ambulance flights than I’ve seen. Been checking the flights a lot since our hospitals are now so full.

We started out seeing most flights to the Navajo Nation in the Four Corners region. They were hit very hard initially due to lack of running water and close living conditions/customs, but the new areas are in the east and south close to Texas with all the no mask and no distancing influence.

Looking like medical emergencies here are now likely to get people airplane and helicopter rides.

half an hour ago i had only five aircraft on my map.

That number itself sounds low.
But if you know that my device is normally showing up to 150 aircraft the same time on peak days you know it is almost as low as during the first shutdown in March

Germany is getting every day closer to a lockdown of public life.

However since this week i see an improvement of air traffic in/across my area (middle Germany)

Tomorrow there will a government meeting, as the numbers are increasing.( Even for a small country as ours) Most probably there will be more rules and regulations announced. I hope a lockdown will be announced as people ignore the rules of our “intellectual” lock down

2 Likes

same here. the prime ministers of our german federal states will sit together and it’s expected to shutdown public life in Germany also from Wednesday on.

However i am not expecting that much impact to the air traffic passing german air space.

2 Likes

Traffic is increasing, seem to be driven by cargo carrying all the goods for Christmas.

Both receivers already showed the highest number or reported aircraft since 30 days. And still three more hours to go

Eurocontrol confirms the uptrend:

Yup, I agree with that - My numbers have been going back up for a little while. I’ve lost top UK spot though due to stupid ‘others’ again.

2 Likes

At least it isn’t my others this time.

1 Like

Not mine either :slight_smile: other…other

Here in my part of the US (North Florida), things are on the uptick for certain–I hit all time highs before our Thanksgiving Holiday and has generally been up. Just hit over 3000 flights yesterday (I’m usually in the low-mid 2000s) and today so far is on the same track. It’s a combination of cargo, and the tourists–I get Canadian flights to the Caribbean, and several flights from Atlanta to South America. Lots of domestic as well. One big one is all the traffic going to Orlando ( Disney World, Universal Studios amusement parks).

I’ve been assuming that much of the increase has been due to people travelling for Christmas. I suspect that may come to an abrupt halt following today’s developments. The Dutch government has just announced a ban on air travel from the UK, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see others follow.

And the typical Christmas downtrend… I can remember having the lowest traffic on Dec 24th before the Covid shit kicked in.