Any interesting trends from Covid-19

Definite down-trend for the last week.

Last 45 days for my local device, the red dotted line shows the linear average and confirms the downtrend.

So far i would relate it more to the end of the vacation season.

e707b1e1fd40ec1f6a367e8db0daef9bd39ce0ad0de21dcf121d42d3f2658069

Interesting trend today.

Lot more traffic where it was clearly a downtrend the last two weeks

The downtrend continues. Looks like a mixture of more closures/cancellations and end of vacation season

Main receiver the last 30 days:

downtrend continues today

Traffic is starting a slow recovery here to accommodate the incoming part time residents. The March spike was for outgoing part time residents going home before the lockdown.

Yearly graph of my main receiver, all 2020. The downtrend is visible there as well.

What’s another year…

2 Likes

Yes, downtrend continues. Yesterday it was the lowest performance since June for me

It looks like a general downtrend over Germany/Europe but not worldwide.
Looking at my ranking it it stable against competitors in Germany, but not worldwide

We took a pretty bit hit in GA traffic last month from the smoke from the forest fires in the area, but I eventually recovered to an average of 800-900 per day. Some pretty significant rain and wind this weekend has knocked me down to the 700 range again.

I don’t have year over year data because my SD card died last November, but I have been pretty steady in the ~800 range since July or so.

near AMS airport

That pretty much mirrors what I’ve seen here over the last year, with two differences.

You can clearly see where I switched to a Pi4 and raised the aerial back in November and then there’s a dip in February/March where my aerial was ahem slightly less vertical than it should have been :smiley:

2 Likes

did you meanwhile install this as i have suggested it?

1 Like

partially last three months here in the middle of Germany near to FRA Airport.
(reinstalled in week 33 that’s the reason for not beeing complete)

+1 to that. Easy to spot the clear and sunny days. I guess 35 to 40% of my traffic on sunny days comes from small GA aircraft. And they are still coming out when the sky is clear…

Yep, definitely tracks with the weather. I was >900 today for the first time since Sept 4, but I only made it to 443 three days ago

1 Like

Monitoring my Receiver ranking.

Last 30 days the aircrarft reported went down from 56.919 to 49.435 which is -14%
The same way the global ranking went from 1510 to 2443 which is -39%
But the ranking for Germany only was stable the whole time between 160 then and 163 now

Seem to be that the downtrend is over Germany/Europe