Any interesting trends from Covid-19

He’s certainly got a better looking ‘other’ count now but it still seems unusually high.

@suffolk3000 I wonder what you found?

For a short while this morning, I hit 1800 message/second for the first time in over three months.

Today will make a larger jump on flights.

In addition lots of trainings going on.

Looks like that the F-16s are flying missions on POLYGONE Range (vs threats systems in K’Town-Pirm-Zweibrücken area) …

CHRME01 is on the ground and has a ground speed of 1070 km/h.

One wonders what he is in training for.

S

This can be seen from time to time. I assume simply the altitude is not reported properly.

Later today i’ve seen this:
An AWACS aircraft fueled by a K35 tanker:

But we are leaving the topic of this thread a bit i assume…

ADS-B traffic on my main receiver for the last 40 days:

EDIT: Today might be a busy day compared to the others.

Already 70% volume and just a bit more than half of the day over. Normally i do have approx 500-550 recorded at this time of the day

As expected.

Yesterday was the first day since March 21st, where my main receiver recorded more than 900 ADS-B aircraft.
Before the crisis, it was 1.800 per day, so still enough room for improvement. But i am sure it will take several more months to bring it back to the previous volume.

Yesterday was a massive day for me compared to the last three months. My ‘other’ count was a bit higher than I’d like but I think that’s down to all the platforms and rigs I receive when there’s decent tropo.

It was by far the highest number of aircraft and messages I’ve seen since this started, along with message rate and number of aircraft in the sky at any one time.

Yesterday was also the busiest I’ve seen for a while. Much of the increase seems to be from mlat/GA aircraft, which made up a large proportion of visible aircraft at any one time.

Looking at pre-COVID levels, it seems that GA is pretty much back to normal activity, but commercial flights are still a long way off.

1 Like

Same here. I had more traffic as ADS-B and less MLAT. MLAT typically kicks in on weekends with all these small aircraft and gliders, the region here is pretty popular.

Today it will be also such a day, lots of MLAT aircraft in the air
However the ADS-B messages are also on a stable level, but still only 50% which i normally had

yesterday both of my receivers made a new high in aircraft received since the downtrend started on March 23rd here over Germany:

I’m getting some days at mid-winter traffic levels.

Something’s gone wrong again:

Me:
Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 02.46.24

@suffolk3000:
Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 02.46.41

I had a significant drop as well yesterday. All these recreation flights around me weren’t there due to bad weather.

All other stations in my neighborhhood are having the same decrease

He’s now made it but it’s not right, the ‘other’ values have shot through the roof again after having dropped for a few days.

Can’t see how he generates that many others.

Another training day today

This morning my receiver showed > 700 messages/second as peak. This is the first time since months here. So the traffic slowly returns.

Lufthansa in Germany announced to have 50% of the fleet back in the air this month.

EDIT: Touching 800 Messages and 70 aircraft now:

Almost the daily amount of aircraft reached and still ten hours to go:

1 Like