Announcing PiAware 4.0!

I mean downloading the arm package from the FA repository directly?

No, these were never held.
The package which was held was tcl-tls.

The package from repository was not used, instead it was built from source code at Flightaware Github site

git clone http://github.com/flightaware/tcltls-rebuild.git

sudo apt-mark hold tcl-tls
1 Like

I did the remote commands on both my 1090 and 978 receiver. 1090 works fine, but my 978 does not display any map information. It connects, shows all good, but when i click to view a map, it loads a blank page. This is on ANY PC, phone or tablet. It does it both on the internal IP address and also from external IP.

I also did a sudo apt update and a sudo apt upgrade, and physically rebooted the pi and it still does the same thing?

Running SD card image. Upgraded without a problem and running 4.0. Just ordered my waveshare. Simply shutdown the pi, attach the screen and plug it back in? No other configuration necessary?

Have you tried clearing browser cache? What link does the URL take you to?

Not quite, thereā€™s a separate image for LCD support. If you want to convert your existing site to use the new LCD:

1. Flash the LCD Image onto an SD card
  2. Open and edit piaware-config.txt and add the line with your current feeder-id to the end of the file:
    feeder-id <your existing feeder-id>
  3. Pop in the SD card and LCD screen and then boot it up (You can configure wifi if needed via the GUI)
1 Like

Ah. Thx. Didnā€™t see that anywhere. I guess Iā€™ll pass for now. Have graphs up and running and other customizations and I donā€™t feel like setting all that up again and also losing history

Yes, all browsers in all devices have been cleared.

If input in the IP only, it takes you to the status page, when you click on the bottom link for the map, itā€™s a blank page.

Everything is working fine after the upgrade except when I try to update or on reboot I get this message and it shows up several times in a row.

ā€œW: Target Translations (piaware/i18n/Translation-en_US.UTF-8) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware-buster.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/piaware.list:1ā€

Iā€™ve never seen that before and it doesnā€™t appear to be hurting anything but it shows up multiple times and I donā€™t know if I did something wrong or how to get rid of it. My Linux skills are weak.

I got the ā€œduplicateā€ message shortly after upgrading to Buster. Those are text files. You can edit the file to delete the duplicate entry. I deleted the piaware.list file with no problems.

@obj
While building dump1090-fa package on Kali Linux 2020.3 amd64 using following command
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -b --no-sign
got this warning. Ignored it as dump1090-fa is working OK, but curious to know if it is important and what it means.

1 Like

I just ordered the first Pi lcd I saw at Amazon and it
works well. $22.
de NT1G

It is a false positive, the warning is wrong.

1 Like

I would love to know how to trigger this. What sort of install did you start from?

Thanks @obj. This is very handy. I have now removed the above noted code snippet from my script.

source: https://github.com/flightaware/dump1090/blob/master/README.md

1 Like

I was running the prior download version (not SD card version) and updated via the web interface just like how I did it last time there was an update and this is what it does now. It doesnā€™t seem to be having any effect on the operation and I still canā€™t figure out why itā€™s happening so I guess Iā€™ll just leave it alone.

I havenā€™t read through the whole thread but I upgraded to 4.0 last night. I noticed a small decrease in the CPU usage on my test system with an AirSpy mini.

Upgraded my Raspi 3 successfully to ver 4.0, but my Sky Aware map is still showing version 3.8.1. Anyone else have this happen?

Hit Upgrade and Restart dump1090 via the My ADS-B stats page to update dump1090 and SkyAware map. May need to clear your browser cache after updating.

Thank you, upgrading and restarting dump1090 worked. I rebooted the Pi for good measure.

Donā€™t know if anyone else has this issue, but I canā€™t access all of the map options from the mouseover menu located at the bottom right of the map area. The options cuts out just above the ā€œUSā€ options, and there does not appear to be any scrolling available. Iā€™m sharing in case this is an issue for others.