Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

well it will work until the next reboot

# Generated automatically by fa_config_generator
# This file will be overwritten on reboot.

NET_OPTIONS="--net --net-heartbeat 60 --net-ro-size 1000 --net-ro-interval 1 --net-http-port 0 --net-ri-port 0 --net-ro-port 30002 --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-bi-port 30004,30104"
JSON_OPTIONS="--json-location-accuracy 2"
RECEIVER_OPTIONS="--net-bo-port 30005 --fix --device-index 0 --gain 36.4 --ppm 0"

@alleyoopie

I see the problem now after checking your stat page again: You changed from the sd-card image to a Debian package install. Changing gain works different with the package install.

You need to edit /etc/default/dump1090-fa to change the gain and then restart dump1090-fa.

sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa

Change the gain and CTRL-O to save and CTRL-X to exit.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Well, the old version was also a Debian package install but I must have used the wrong procedure to set the gain at 42. I’m pleased to say that the right procedure already made a big difference because my number of messages per second just doubled from about 500 to 1100!
Thank you for the help!

I have a Flightfeeder that reports version 3.6.1-bpo8+1, will this ever be upgraded automatically or is there something I need to do?

Flightfeeder upgrades should be going out automatically over the next week or so.

This will query the configuration file

piaware-config -showall

To see the current command used to start dump1090 I would use

ps aux | grep dump1090

Also the logs for piaware and dump1090 are in

cat /var/log/piaware.log

Love the new Skyview. Here’s what it looks like on a Samsung refrigerator.

7 Likes

Finally a reason to upgrade my refrigerator!:rofl:

2 Likes

Me too :smiley:

1 Like

Same fridge and same cabinets too!

Mine FlightFeeder Orange just updated a moment ago.

1 Like

Is anyone else having problems showing the Skyview UI under Chome on Windows 10? Mine starts to load and then goes in a waiting mode. Works fine (more or less) with MS Edge under Win10 v1803. Worked fine before the upgrade to the new UI.

Use Ctrl+F5 to reload the page, it is verly likely a cache issue

Thanks - I have so few Cache issues anymore, but that worked! Thanks…

No problem, I do not feel this solution is obvious.

That said this problem has cropped up here rather a lot lately, to the dismay of some of the regular contributors…:wink:

What do you mean?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did not say a thing this time around, as promised.:roll_eyes::grin:

When out of ideas, try CTRL+F5. Works every time.:wink:

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

V3.6.3 is an excellent update and addresses the issue of popup window taking too much room in the map area. The extra aircraft information now appears outside the map area and contains a lot more information. This is even much better than some of my previous suggestions and makes better use of my tablet screen real state. Kudos to the developers.

I upgraded to 3.6.3 on two of my receivers and thought it looked good and I liked the extra information but I have now reverted both back to 3.6.2

The new table 3.6.3 replacing the popup in previous versions makes it impossible to compare two receivers in real time.

I have a reference system and an experimental system The reference system does not change and the experimental system is used to test various antennae, feeders, amplifiers, filters, receivers and gain settings.

I run the two instances of Skyview on a 27" monitor and when I make a change I can see the differences instantly and in real time. For that I need to see the trail on the map and the RSSI on the popup.

With the new table on 3.6.3 I cannot find the RSSI fast enough to see the comparison of the RSSI. I have to spend too much time scrolling through the table every time I change aircraft of interest.

I also use both a phone and a tablet to look at Skyview but I don’t try and do the comparisons on them.

Unfortunately, one size doesn’t suit everyone and making it the same for a 5" phone and a 27" monitor introduces these sorts of problems. At least I can stay with the older versions for now.

S.

1 Like

You can drag the split between the aircraft list and the details pane to show more info including RSSI without scrolling.