Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

sudo nano /etc/piaware.conf

sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa

cant find it, the install seem to go correctly.

If your microSD card is in card reader of Desktop/Laptop, you cannot find these files.

To access these files, you have to slip the microSD card in Pi, power up, and SSH.

When I use ssh and type sudo nano /ect/piaware.conf I get directory does not exist.

Mike

Do you get any output from following commands?

sudo piaware-config -show rtlsdr-gain
sudo piaware-config -show receiver-type
sudo piaware-config -show feeder-id

This is what I get:

sudo piaware-config -show rtlsdr-gain

sudo piaware-config -show receiver-type
rtlsdr

sudo piaware-config -show feeder-id
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
(For privacy rasons, I have replaced actual output by xxxxxxxx-xxxx.....)

You can locate the file by following command
If the file is not located in first attempt, give command again

sudo find / -name piaware-config

It‘s etc, not ect, just a typo in your posts here?

Did you try looking for the files with with cd…, cd etc and ls?

or ls /etc/p* which will give you a list of all files starting with ‘p’ in folder ‘etc’.

Corrected the typo and got a blank file.

Mike

Command not found, was in pi@RemoteFMS-pi; same response on all items you suggested

I reloaded the os and ran through the process again and this time it worked. Thanks for all your help; I must have missed something the first time through. Thanks again.

Mike

Glad to know you have solved your problem.

The missing “piaware.conf” file, and responce “command not found” to commands “sudo piaware-config -show” indicates that for some unknown reason, piaware did not get installed in you previous install.

Since in previous install the dump1090-fa was installed, and you could see SkyView map with planes, you got impression that all is working ok.

That’s the name you’ve given to the PI. It’s not a directory.

PiAware 3.6.2 is now available. Please see the release notes in the first post (above).

My poor microSD cards will now have to undergo another formating / image writing cycle. I never upgrade an existing install, always do a fresh install.

1 Like

I’m re-imaging a spare card now. Going live at 00:01 UTC.

EDIT: Did not resist waiting until 00:01 UTC. Up and running fine here. The new info in #extended mode is nice.

Good Job!

Thanks.

3 Likes

Minor formatting glitch on #extended mode, Nav modes field:

Capture

4 Likes

apt update ; apt upgrade seamless here, running new version OK on all the feeders here. Nice work! Extended shows OK after a hard refresh example -

However, I see @Dxista issue in the screenshot and a note this is one of those programmer’s challenges to format all the information in the “Nav modes:” field.

1 Like

Away from home right now. Will do re-imaging with 3.6.2 tonight when back home.

1 Like

Decided to try upgrade instead of fresh install. Went smoothly.

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

2 Likes

Can the version be updated through the configure panel in the gui?