Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

[quote=“abcd567”]

Same here, and the number of planes and messages have gone down by 30-35%. Coincidence, or is there a problem with 3.5.1?

Thanks.

OrangePi with Armbian Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

ATTEMPT-1: Upgrade command from stats page - FAILED (click here)

ATTEMPT-2: Upgrade by SSH - FAILED

sudo apt-get upgrade piaware
sudo apt-get upgrade dump1090-fa

#Piaware/dump1090-fa already newest version 3.5.0

ATTEMPT-3: Upgrade by SSH, after updating repository - SUCCESS

wget http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/p/piaware-support/piaware-repository_3.5.1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i piaware-repository_3.5.1_all.deb
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade piaware
sudo apt-get upgrade dump1090-fa

A new dump1090-fa has not been released yet (this is the data decoder and Skyview). As mentioned above, the full 3.5.1 release of the PiAware suite is not yet complete. Patience please. We will have a specific announcement when it is ready.

I’d go with coincidence.

Means what it says; the binary packages are tested on Raspbian, not Ubuntu; maybe it’ll work for you, but we’re not going to try to do an unattended upgrade.

More generally: 3.5.1 is in the repository and is available to upgrade to if you want, but as with previous releases we leave it there to ‘bake’ for a while before making it the official latest-recommended-release.

For various reasons it may be a while before the sdcard image is ready for 3.5.1

As a Guinea-pig tester, I report that all is well here with 3.5.1 :slight_smile:

Now we can see the units in metric. :slight_smile:

Thank you for pointing it out, I had not notice it. I wish it was possible to select the units for each field. I’m a metric guy, by for altitude, I like imperial. Go figure! :laughing:

I have just upgraded my SD to 3.5.1 Did the ability to be able to select different maps get removed? Before I was able to make ChartBundleLayers = true; and then you could select different maps like Sectional.

Now I do that, but don’t see the selection to pick the different maps. Looks like Skyview is different now.

Metric all the way! :smiley: In 3.5.0, no matter what units you’ve choose, it was allways in imperial. Glad to see that bug fixed.

Nothing changed in that area AFAIK between 3.5.0 and 3.5.1

If version 3.5.1 is not ready for stable instalations, maybe it shouldn’t be the one listed in the Piaware install page.
http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/install

wget http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/pool/piaware/p/piaware-support/piaware-repository_3.5.1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i piaware-repository_3.5.1_all.deb

I upgraded from 3.3. The html code for Skyview is different. There use to be an icon to select the different map types and turn on NEXRAD. Now it is up in the top right.

How do you make ChartbundleLayers work?

hello All,

now iam not a noob regarding forums but this one is kind a weird so forgive me if i poste in the wrong section
i was just wondering does anybody else has issues with pi’s shutting down the SDR dongle for 90 min or so every day every 4 to 5 hours my systems runs 24/7 but after 5 hours it shuts down the receiving part and after an hour or so it fires up the receiver by it self kinda weird i think you can see it clearly in my 24 result on the web page anyone ??
arie-Jan

Power problems is the simplest explanation.

tanks but power is ok i use an 12 amp 5 volt psu with 3 pi’s on it and using in total less then 5 amps
power is ok but what strange is that the gap between sdr not working is always the same every 5 hours

all other pi’s are running and there is nothing to see in the log files either and non off the pi’s are rebooted
AJ

I was having problem with one (of two) Pi locking up occasionally. I swapped WiFi for UTP, replaced the PSU and USB cables and added a cooling fan and UPS. I now also power the RTL independently from the Pi.
I don’t know which of those was causing the problem, but my problems went away. If you’re confident of your PSU, try swapping your USB cables around and see if the problem follows the cable.

Piaware will try to restart dump1090 if it sees no data at all for an hour or so, so the recovery after an hour will be that happening. Doesn’t explain why the dongle is wedging in the first place though.