Announcing PiAware 3! (Latest version: 3.8.0)

Thank you so much.

It is the full image.

For some reason it would not run… Guess I need to hook a monitor up to it and see what is going on… Any clues would be helpful. I do have a local Keyboard and Mouse for it and a monitor available… Just have to get an HDMI/DVI Cable or Adapter.

The standard image will enable Mode A/C if it receives a Beast setting command requesting it.
Does Planeplotter request it?

Nothing I can suggest based on the information you’ve given sorry. It works fine here on all my test hardware.

Getting a cable in just a little bit. Will try it when I can see what happens on the monitor and can be on the local console.!

Happy to report a completely successful upgrade from a 3.1.0 image to 3.3.0 using the control panel. The process was a bit lengthy using the upgrade all option, but didn’t disturb any of the tweaks I had made to the html files.

Richard
KE7KRF

I did an image install originally, Ive updated couple of times ok, just this time it didnt seem to click over.

Now I am really screwed… Yesterday I created an image and after plugging in a monitor found that it was booting up correctly but would not talk to my Flight Stick… I then put in the old memory card and it loads correctly but won’t send any data. Have checked all the connections and nothing doing. I can see the map being produced. the flight stick is talking the the Pi, but no data is being received. All was working well… Looks like the 3.3.0 upgrade blew my card… Not sure what to do about that now!

What does the console status display on the 3.3.0 image say? (The text mode display after it has finished booting)

Software generally has a hard time doing anything permanent to hardware, so I’d say that something else has changed when you rearranged things if the old image no longer works.

1st set of data:
PiAware Feeder - normal - PiAware 3.3 is running
Receiver - warning - Connected to receiver, but no recent data seen
FlightAware Feed - normal - Connected to FlightAware and Logged In
Multilateration - warning - No clock synchronization with nearby receivers

2nd set of data:
PiAware Feeder - normal - PiAware 3.3 is running
Receiver - error - Not connected to receiver
FlightAware Feed - normal - Connected to FlightAware and Logged In
Multilateration - error - Multilateration enabled, but client is not runnig

I hope this helps…

Keep in mind I have plugged the “FlightAware Pro Stick” directly in to the receiver and used different USB Ports with the same results. All lights look normal on the Stick and the Pi unit, Keyboard and Mouse inputs work normally. I tried plugging the stick into another port and still same results.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can offer.

Sparkie

Sounds like a hardware problem, power supply being the usual culprit.

Reran the upgrade piaware on the My ADS-B and it updated fine today. Maybe a glitch yesterday.

I swapped the power supply was a no fix, then I swapped to my back Pi computer and a no fix. Exact same error. Have ordered a new updated receiver that is supposed to receive more so will see what happens.

A couple of things you can try running from a shell:

lsusb

(You should see the rtlsdr dongle listed)

sudo systemctl status dump1090-fa
sudo journalctl -u dump1090-fa

(This should tell you why dump1090 is not starting)

I tried to go and do that, but when I ALT-F2 it is asking me for a username and password… I installed this from the Binary Image onto a new SD Card and have no references to a password.

Thanks in advance.

Sparkie

Look here
flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build/optional#wifi

The screen for FA it boots into:

For the “lsusb” command:

For the “SUDU” Command

It would appear that the SUDU command is not on this version!

sudo not sudu

oops… A little difference (feeling stupid) - I guess it was not supposed to have “sudu”

systemctl

journalctl

This message just scrolls data continuously