Airspy.us C6 Antenna?

Anyone know anything about the C6 antenna being sold over at airspy.us? How does it compare to FlightAware’s antenna?

I’ve been wondering the same, but already purchased a stack of antenna for my $50 and under shootout for side-by-side comparisons. It gets too pricey after awhile. Would love to see some side-by-side tests between the FA 26" (leader of the <$50 units), DPD, AirNav and Jetvision offerings along with any other higher priced antenna I may have skipped, but an unbiased person would go broke - I don’t want to be that person.

I am pretty sure that you will see almost no difference. These antennas are optimized to the max and i would be surprised if it could do a visible miracle.

I am using the original from Jetvision where Flightaware is a customer of.
If you get a Feeder from FA in Germany, they deliver this antenna with it.

Wondering why they make a difference in dBi and dBd. This confuses customers who think “higher is better” while it’s not comparable

Found this:
Gain in dBd = gain in dBi - 2.15 dB

That means that the antenna does have around 5dBI which is the same as all competitors in this price range

Source

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.