Airspy Mini - New investment?

The good news for me is that it is already out for delivery.
Shipped from Germany Monday, passed through France, Indianapolis, New Jersey and already in Brooklyn. I am busy tomorrow getting a wisdom tooth extracted. Should have it running on Thursday or Friday.

300 Euro was the regular price for many months, even if it was announced as “promotion” due to the availability of RTL-SDR sticks . Wonder what makes it that expensive now.
On the other side they reduced the price for the commercial license which was > 500 Euro and now sold for 357 Euro.

I would also agree to the chip shortage, but their Radarcape devices do not have that increase in pricing.

Overall the Airsquitter with the license is more expensive than the Radarcape

Just checked the prices for Raspberries, their prices went down. The 4GB version is available starting at 49 Euro

1 Like

Your dentist will be busy, not you :slight_smile:

All the best for that. Years ago i had the removal of three at the same time.
It was only hard on that day. With tons of painkillers i slept the rest of the day.

1 Like

Hi can someone know what’s that??? :laughing: :laughing:

Ok I guess No. Now???

1 Like

I didn’t want to ruin the theatrical effect, but I saw it… on the enlarged picture.

1 Like

I guessed just by the Ublox GPS unit.

2 Likes

pretty likely.

I did not open mine, but i would assume it looks the same

1 Like

You could sell your Airsquitter and buy the Radarcape :slightly_smiling_face:

If i think about it, you will be the first i will let you know :wink:

Decided to go one step further than a Airspy Mini and just bought myself an Air!Squitter :smiley:

wow, even for the new price? Curious how it will work out for you. Congrats

1 Like

Didn’t you read … it’s not necessarily an upgrade.
But to each their own.

Not having the raw data available and the custom mapping options that go with it would be a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know :+1:

I know, but it’s a nice new toy to play with :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe he will draw the return option within the first 2 weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean you seem happy with it so i guess one can’t argue too much :slight_smile:
It’s standalone and probably very reliable.

The better the receiver the smaller the difference to other very good receivers usually are provided you give it a strong enough signal as in high gain antenna and low loss coax.
Well some as the airspy mini need a filtered LNA which the airsquitter / radarcape have pretty much built in.

Regarding your existing toys, have you checked what reception you can get from your location? Install tar1090 and then follow these steps to get an outline:
GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa

2 Likes

[/quote]
Regarding your existing toys, have you checked what reception you can get from your location? Install tar1090 and then follow these steps to get an outline:
GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa
[/quote]

Will this trash my current installation of dump1090-fa, as it’s all working nicely at the moment, after running your script to switch from the old FR24 dump1090?
I currently use VRS to see my range - I’ve maxed out at 232Nm:

tar1090 works fine with dump1090-fa using its json output to provide a webinterface.

1 Like

It works well with the latest FA software, personally I think the tar1090 provides a much, much better webpage.
VRS is cool too.

PS: I cannot see myself spending 500 Euro on something that won’t give me access to that, defies the idea of a “hobby”. But that’s a personal thing.