Airports in Portugal we some fails at Flights

Good Moorning.

We are using your services, using the queries Enroute, Departed, Arrived and Scheduled (to obtain the flights per Airport), and right now we are request flights about 35 Airports. One week ago, we added Airports of Porto (Sá Carneiro), Airport of Lisboa (Portela) and Airport of Faro, and we analyse the data we request to Flightaware, and we detect some fails, such some flights are missing in this Airports. In Porto fails about 25% of Flights, in Faro about 20% and in Lisboa about 10-15%. The Flights that fails, are most of them of Airlines “TAP” or “RyanAir”.

Can we help ous, and in future this Airports will have more support? Because this Airports are very important for our requests to Flightaware.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Sousa

To be more easy to analyse data, we compare the data request from FlightAware with data of site www.ana.pt, that controls Airports in Portugal.

In this Link we have charts to have better analyse in this comparation:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

I hope this help, for in future we can support Airports in Portugal.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Sousa

Portugal is not in our primary coverage areas, so flight tracking will not be completely comprehensive. Additionally, although we have EUROCONTROL radar data, they have restrictions that limit their data to be redistributed to only the corresponding aircraft owners/operators.

But in Future this Airports (of Protugal and Eurpore Flights) will have support? Have any data for such support?

I assume by your answer, that European flights will always have this kind of conditioning? Or will have support in future?

Best Regards,

Ricardo Sousa

We are always working to increase the number of data sources that we incorporate and to process existing data in new ways that provides more information. I do not believe EUROCONTROL has any plans to significantly relax their data redistribution limitations in the near future, however we are continuing to expand our ADS-B network daily with new volunteer receivers.

This might be completely misleading, but could you check if the flight numbers of the flights you’ve missed correspond to the callsigns.

Within Europe several airlines have numeric flight numbers (say FR 8249) used by passengers, but the callsigns are completely different (RYR12c) used by ATC