Airline Regulators Grapple With Engine-Shutdown Peril...

Investigators Find, New Icing Threat;
FAA Proposes Rules…

UNRAVELING A MYSTERY

• The Problem: Engines on commercial jetliners have been shutting down suddenly, but temporarily, in midflight.
  • The Response: After discovering a new kind of icing, airlines and regulators come up with suggestions for
    minimizing the problem, but the shutdowns persist.
  • What’s Next: On Monday, the FAA will propose new flight procedures to address the problem further.

Click Here for article from April 7/08 Wall Street Journal.

Dang Global Warming…

Behave…

I’d like to see a study conducted. I have a theory this rarity happens more on hub & spoke routes compared to point to point. The reason is hub & spoke tend to be longer flights and thus cruise at a higher altitude. Point to point tend to be shorter flights operated at lower altitudes.

Should we do a poll?

I think a poll is a great idea, but first I think you should read all of Dami’s flight schedules and brochures as I’m sure that the answer can be found there. That said, I don’t think that the laws of thermodynamics and physics pay much heed to route structure.

Nonsense, point to point flights (LHR-PEK, LHR-JFK, JFK-LAS) are longer than hub flights.

Guess we need a poll to establish the facts!

I think we should have a poll to see if we should have a poll! :confused:

Alright, enough already. All of you, stop being asinine!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Survey Says…

Teeheeheee

:laughing:

I have good news and bad news. I’ll just go ahead and deliver it all together. I don’t know how to start a poll. :blush:

There are so many ways that can be considered good news and good news! http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/images/smilies/4.gif