Air France Invisible...

…well, not quite, but F-HPJI has now visited LAX twice without those flights being “visible” on FlightAware…how come…?
The only reason I know, is because I happened to see the plane on two occasions, last time, yesterday…
It’s easy to recognize, because this plane carries the “80 Anniversary” emblem on the side…and it departed from LAX five-ish yesterday…
The previous time I saw it, (a couple of weeks ago) someone took a picture at LAX and uploaded to FlightAware – but no record of that flight on FlightAware…

Looks trackable to me… Here’s your flight leaving LAX at 16:53 (five-ish) yesterday.

flightaware.com/live/flight/AFR6 … /KLAX/LFPG

…you did it…but I can’t…I tried again – doing what I have done for all planes I have been interested in – type in their registration code – in this case F-HPJI…
When I do that, I get an old record that shows plane going to South Africa or whatever…and that’s it…

If I type in any other (registration) number, I get the map showing plane (in question) wherever it might be, in most cases…plus a list of the most recent flights…not with this particular plane…(I always use ONLY the registration number…)

Not all carriers or ANSPs consistently provide registration information for flights. Only the ACID is guaranteed, which is the callsign and flight number in this case.

…Thanks mduell…I understand…

I had not encountered this “problem” before…I have seen the plane in question a couple of times since…(F-HPJI)…only because it’s so easy to recognize…and I have taken “very satisfying” shots of it, so…it’s OK…

The one thing I would like to learn is how to identify a plane from information about a flight – that is, I know the flight (number and airline), but what aircraft will be, or is, used…?
Would love to be able to do that…

Subscribers with FlightAware Enterprise accounts can see the tail number (where known) on the flight page.

…Thanks…I didn’t know that either…

…full summer in LA today…still, sunny and about 20 degrees Celsius…and a tad smoggy…

…it appears F-HPJI can be tracked via tail number again…
…just to conclude this thread – data seems up to date now, contiguously since a while back…

(Air France A380 with special “80 years” insignia on the side…)