Air France data incomplete?

Hi,

it seems that FlightXML and the website itself doesn’t have the data of most Air France flights. It seems that no ‘in europe’ flight is shown. Are all that flights blocked?

Regards,
Matthias

We have different levels of service depending on the area and the specific airline involved. For details on the geographical service areas, see this answer in the FAQ: flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#intl We are always working on expanding our coverage areas, so be sure to check back in the future.

Hi,

thanks, that explains it, but I would have expected that AFR is a major airline and I could get the arrival and departure times. This data seems to be available for some smaller airlines.

Regards,
Matthias

We do get departure and arrival times for certain airlines and use that information to project positions when we lack true radar coverage… Air France is possibly one that we’re supposed to have departure/arrival times for, so it’s possible that one of our data providers is dropping the ball here, especially if you say that you are unable to track such flight on the website. Let me check into Air France specifically for you…