ADS-B Receiver Project Setup Scripts

One line wget.

That is all it was. Don’t remember how I split the lines, but the return looked suspicious. Once again appreciate your help.

Sometimes during copy-paste process, the text wrap of a long line in source document somehow changes to line break in destination document.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smiley: :smiley: YaY !!!

Hi Guys,
Need a bit of help.
Upgraded from v2.0.2 to v2.4 and had issues with portal but with Joes help this now works except live “dump1090 map” tab.
In the options ./install.sh I selected to build dump1090 muatbility again as per joes advice all seemd to go okay but when I try to access the map tab.
Spinning wheel with no map displayed, all other portal functions work ok.

Obtained google api key and inserted into the line below and editied the gmap.html file using nano

<script type="text/javascript"  src="//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOURKEYHERE&libraries=geometry"></script>

I did this in location

/home/pi/dump1090/public_html

using this guide
ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/dump1090-google-maps-not-displaying-publicly-t37546.html

This Did not work.
After some searching I found another location of gmap.html
inserted the line containing the api key into that location also

/usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html

Still does not work and spinning wheel shows when I try to view map.
Trying the java console to diagnose using ctrl,shift j :
Uncaught ReferenceError: ExtraMapTypes is not defined script.js :347

for (var type in Extramaptypes)}

Station is processing signals, feeder services and graphs fine just map not working.

Any ideas guys ?

I seem to have broken something when installing the web portal. It defaults to …/install/upgrade.php as version 2.1.0.
Timezone setting will not set and reverts to GMT.
Is there a way to uninstall it short of starting over? :confused:
TIA

Hello friends:
I am using an SDRPLAY RSP1 receiver with its own version of dump1090-mutability.
It is running all fine.
I have installed this scripts becouse i want have some ads-b graphs .
dump1090-mutability (sdrplay version) was running fine before script installation and feeding flightaware and flightradar24.

What is running in portal:
System Information: OK
Performance Graph → ADSB-B Graphs: NO one is running.
Performance Graph → System : OK … ALL is fine
Live dump1090 map → Can not fetch data from dump1090

Please… can you help me?
Is anybody using it with SDRPLAY?

A lot of thank’s

Considering new (d1090 mutability option)install on blank SD.
Can someone tell me how to migrate hisorical graph data to new installation please ?

Thanks.

Last night, I checked my stats page, and saw this anomaly report:
Anomaly report for PiAware feeder with a MAC address of xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:

Since my installation of Piaware (add-on) was done using JP’s automated installation Script, I ran the following commands and chose Piaware (upgrade).

cd ~/adsb-receiver
git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master
./install.sh

The script did clone the source code and re-built the piaware add-on package (supposedly to be latest version)

After about 9 hours, I checked the stats, and the same anomaly report was still there.
I then ran a dpkg-query. The results below show that Piaware add-on is still version 2.1-5

$ dpkg-query -l 'piaware*'
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name      Version    Architecture      Description
+++-========-==========-==============-===================================
ii  piaware    2.1-5     armhf          Open Aviation Data Exchange Protocol for ADS-B FlightFeeders

Did the same upgrade to mine yesterday and warning stayed - so rebooted the pi and everything reported fine.

I did reboot immediately after upgrade and again after some time, but no success. The warning stays.

abcd, try running install.sh again.
You should find an option to upgrade piaware to 3.x
I tried this but it did not work for me as i had adsb-receiver v2.0.2 and piaware did not upgrade and I think that this adsb-rx version must be too old.
I found a sd format and new install of v2.4 was the only cure, this ran fine and installed the latest piaware v3.

Ran the whole process again, starting from “git fetch --all”. No success. Following is output:

Preparing the piaware_builder Git repository…

Entering the piaware_builder git repository directory…
Updating the local piaware_builder git repository…

You are not currently on a branch. Please specify which branch you want to merge with. See git-pull(1) for details.

git pull <remote> <branch>

Building and installing the PiAware package…

Executing the PiAware build script…

Retrieving 6a883f428912357c252654cb811499e58db87d3a from github.com/flightaware/piaware.git
6a883f4 jessie’s c_rehash doesn’t like multiple certificates per file, split them out.
Retrieving 460debe4d350f06f9c7e54e5400992cac4f1d328 from github.com/flightaware/tcllauncher.git
460debe Update README.md
Retrieving faup1090-2.1-5 from github.com/mutability/dump1090.git
497f88f Don’t match faup1090 tags when generating a version string from git tags.
Retrieving v0.2.4 from github.com/mutability/mlat-client.git
f68b8e3 v0.2.4
Ok, package is ready to be built in ./package
run ‘dpkg-buildpackage -b’ there (or move it to a Pi and do so there, or use pbuilder, etc)

Entering the PiAware build directory…
/home/pi/adsb-receiver/bash/feeders/piaware.sh: line 123: cd: /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/package-jessie: No such file or directory
Building the PiAware package…

tail: cannot open ‘debian/changelog’ for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

Installing the PiAware package…

dpkg: error processing archive /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_.deb (–install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_
.deb

Checking that the piaware package was installed properly…
Moving the PiAware package into the package archive directory…
mv: cannot stat ‘/home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_.deb’: No such file or directory
Moving the PiAware package changes file into the package archive directory…
mv: cannot stat ‘/home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_
.changes’: No such file or directory

Success at last!

||/ Name     Version    Architecture     Description
+++-=======-==========-==============-============================================
ii piaware   3.1.0      armhf             Open Aviation Data Exchange Protocol for ADS-B FlightFeeders

HOW?
By a headache-free method.
Formatted microSD card, downloaded & wrote latest Jessie Lite img, and ran JP’s script install. Everything is latest now :slight_smile: :smiley:

[quote=“abcd567”]
Success at last!

HOW?
By a headache-free method.
Formatted microSD card, downloaded & wrote latest Jessie Lite img, and ran JP’s script install. Everything is latest now :slight_smile: :smiley:

Good News abcd.
I ended up the same with a few doses of advil thrown in during the failed upgrade process attempts.[/quote]

Thanks Mike. Actually I followed your advise to go for a fresh install.

I actually had to follow these instructions to get mine to update.

Great! Next upgrade, I will try this method.

Don’t know if this method will install to correct directory in adsb-receiver.
This may effect the way the portal sees the install and it’s ability to install future piaware updates via ./install.sh
I think most of the feeder software is downloaded to the /build directory within adsb-receiver directory.

[quote=“Radiostationx”]

Hmmm that’s what I was thinking :question:

That worked for me a few days ago. I followed the upgrade instructions while I was in the adsb-receiver directory. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but everything has been working fine here.