ADS-B and GPS tracking

Well I doubt that. Last year I heard radio SWR1 that more and more fuel is dumped over Rheinland Pfalz.
It is becoming a real problem for the forests

I agree, but most of these are from the US Air Force. They can dump it and then report it.
For civil airlines they have to request it and it’s only allowed in case of an emergency (e.g. to return back to the airport.

I highly recommend the reportage recently about the airport Spangdahlem. People who are living there report almost every week that they dump fuel.

And the problem is not becoming a problem. It is a problem since many years already.

But we are sliding a bit off-topic :smiley:

You are right. Will not post non topic posts :sweat_smile:

The middle east choo-choo-train is running…

2 Likes

Speaking of middle east, try following an Israeli airplane (EL AL) traveling towards Australia, see where it has to go.
Or how Qatar airlines fly from US or Europe back home.
If you can, add the layer with the ATC Boundaries, to make it really interesting.

3 Likes

Fairly severe thunderstorms at Helsinki airport gives the opportunity to make nice patterns:

bild

Lots of aircrafts on holding patterns right now…

2 Likes

even with all GPS advances, it still not permissible as the primary navigation system for todays aircraft.
its an assistive technology, but the rules specify that primary navigation must be completely onboard and not rely on external souces, which is why onboard INS still the primary navigation system, a commercial airliner cannot depart w/o a fully functioning and redundant INS system.

Leaving Frankfurt International Airport in line

Turkish military.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s like a face with two eyes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Fun fact:

This one just passed my receiver:

An E3 can be seen pretty often between Strasbourg and Stuttgart over Germany doing circles

2 Likes

Boeing E-3 Sentry - Wikipedia

NATO acquired 18 E-3As and support equipment, with the first aircraft delivered in January 1982. The aircraft are registered in Luxembourg. The eighteen E-3s were operated by Number 1, 2 and 3 Squadrons of NATO's E-3 Component, based at Geilenkirchen. Presently, 16 NATO E-3As are in the inventory, since one E-3 was lost in a crash and one was retired from service in 2015. The latter was due for its six-year cycle Depot Level Maintenance (DLM) inspection which would have been very costly. The so-called "449 Retirement Project" resulted in reclamation of critical parts with a value of upwards of $40,000,000 which will be used to support the 16 active aircraft. Some of the parts to be removed are no longer on the market or have become very expensive.

1 Like

Registered in Luxembourg, but this one was going back to the home base Geilenkirchen where most of them are located

Fun Fact:
13 of these Boeing 707 where modernized by Airbus:

Source: Boeing: Boeing Deutschland - E-3 AWACS

1 Like

FORTE12-5

2 Likes

2 Likes

This picture illustrates that the MLAT over the Black Sea has only Flightradar.

2 Likes

I think FORTE12 needs help with directions :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am sure they know what they’re doing

2 Likes