ACARS and VDL2

Can you see that datasets.zip file he says you need?

My solution to Pi4’s heating problem is very simple - I did not purchase Pi4 :wink:

3 Likes

you obviously don’t run flightairmap then!!!

2 Likes

I tired but failed in the install part. If you can find me the easy simple way to install Flight Air Maps I will try again on my Pi that I have ACARSDECO2 installed. This does not have any adsb programming installed.

@glennblum, I have put my installation doc here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kozta47zstyhgf/flightairmap%20setup.txt?dl=1
human instructions start with $$

easiest thing is to create a copy of the document, edit it to match your requirements and copy paste everything into a command shell on your device

1 Like

Downloaded your file from Dropbox. Following are my comments:

In your file:

My comments:

Use version numbers as below:
Jessie: php5
Stretch: php7.0
Buster: php7.3

In your file

My comments

Above command clones only one file, that is README.md

Use following command to clone full source code

git clone -b unmaintained https://github.com/mutability/dump1090.git 

Just use the metapackages without a version number.
php-common will get you what you need.

Or… use something maintained.

1 Like

I will install this on Stretch since its already installed. If anyone else wants to chime in, please do. Remember I am not great at Raspberian, that’s why I ask for plain help.

Here is the problems I ran into. I have Buster installed, I thought I used stretch on this Pi3B.

The second picture is where I could not understand what this command and what I needed to do properly.

sudo apt install mariadb-client mariadb-server

The previous error message explains exactly this though.
I believe the mysql commands will work after installing those packages.

1 Like

where I am having problems is the second picture where I have those statements

highlighted.
What do I do? I have left the password blank but when I update by copy and paste something else happens and now a password is needed.

Well you already set the password, which is now required.

If you ever posted the other command in mysql then you should know which passord is set.
It’s rather obvious:

update mysql.user set password=password('asdfkasjdf;ljsad;lfkjsa;ldjflj')

There are ways to reset this as well, but i haven’t ever tried it.
Maybe just google it? :stuck_out_tongue:
(i know this is being maybe overly optimistic)

1 Like

Which would be? I am not be sarcastic but my knowledge of Linux is not good at all so now I am stuck. I had copied exactly what those lines said. SO I would assume what would be my password. Your_root_password?

If you just without even reading the command pasted it, then yes it will be.

There is some reading and understanding that is often just required.
(and in this case the command is almost in plain English)

Note you didn’t capitalize the password correctly, best to just paste it probably.

2 Likes

If that doesn’t work, i can check on how to reset that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its Your_Root_Password as the password. Remember I am not good at this at all. However if you need a experienced Aircraft composites structure repairnman, I have you covered.

But it’s plain English and you speak that :slight_smile:

Anyway glad it’s working.

1 Like

Some things will confuse me when it come to computing or shall I say, Linux. However I am slowly learning.

It’s fine, that mysql not being available but then usable as a command is a bit confusing :slight_smile:

I meant setting the password via mysql statements is almost plain English.
I’m well aware someone not familiar with trying to read code might struggle with that, so don’t take me too seriously :wink:

1 Like