A124 presence at CHS

Over the past several months I have noticed an unusually heavy presence of the A124 at CHS. They come in from numerous cities overseas, but it is common for them to depart for PHL before heading back to Europe and western Asia. Here is a summary of the activity for just this week:

Arrivals:
11/28:
VDA4377
VDA6001
11/27:
VDA4341
11/26:
POT1003
VDA4339

Departures:
11/28:
VDA4348
VDA4378
11/27:
VDA4346
POT2086
11/26:
VDA4344
11/25:
VDA4342

Does anybody have an inside scoop on all of this cargo activity?

Military charter most likely.

Charleston is a major base for Air Lift Command and Philadelphia seems to be a common stop for these flights.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_Air_Force_Base

From Phil, most A-124’s than stage through Gander and than to points east.

VDA4339 landed right behind me on Monday. Didn’t know it until we cleared the runway and saw it bearing down upon us.
CHS is a good place to see a lot of heavies. They fly the heck out of the C17’s there, the occasional C-5, a few Evergreen 747s, as well as a smattering of F-18s and F-16s.

Yes most of them are Military Contract flights,certain DOD flights are going thru Charleston Afb,they can put more on those An-124.The Evergreen Flights are carrying parts for the new BOEING Aircraft.Evergreen took over parts of the Boeing facility in washington so some of the Boeing aircraft are flying under the Evergreen callsign.

Used to go to CHS a lot and it was always fun to see what was coming/going. Used to be you could sit right at the end of 15, not sure if you can still do that or not. Been about ten years since I hung out there. Those C-17’s were fun to watch along with a lot of the pointy jets