Why Antennas Have Ground Plane?

Apologises for resurrecting an old thread, I’m using the FA antenna and using it as supplied mounted on a plastic pole in the loft. Although I’m happy with its performance would this type of antenna benefit from a ground plane?

Cheers

Paul

No, it already has a ground “plane” incorporated at the base.

I want to ask, what software are you using? can I ask for this software, because I also want to see the graphics of my tool?

I want to ask, what software are you using? can I ask for this software, because I also want to see the graphics of my tool?

https://github.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090/blob/master/README.md

Command to install Performance Graphs:

Command below is long and right-most part may be hidden.
Please scroll right to see and copy the command in full

sudo bash -c "$(curl -L -o - https://github.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090/raw/master/install.sh)"  

bravoo its work, thank you sir

sir, can you help me again? what is the meaning/definition of icao,squawk,age,altitude,speed,heading,msgs. on pi aware

REGITRATION

The registration is a code unique to a single aircraft, required by international convention to be marked on the exterior of every civil aircraft.

The registration indicates the aircraft’s country of registration, and functions much like an automobile license plate or a ship registration. This code must also appear in its Certificate of Registration, issued by the relevant civil aviation authority (CAA).

ICAO

Mode S equipped aircraft are assigned a unique ICAO 24-bit address or Mode-S “hex code” upon national registration and this address becomes a part of the aircraft’s Certificate of Registration. Normally, the address is never changed. As an example aircraft Registration C-GIUE has ICAO C05BD5 and aircraft Registration G-KELS has ICAO 4046D9.

Registration C-GIUE has ICAO C05BD5
Registration G-KELS has ICAO 4046D9

IDENT

Call signs (flight identification or flight ID)
Most airlines employ a call sign that is normally spoken during airband radio transmissions. The one most widely used within commercial aviation is the telephony designator of the aircraft operating agency, followed by the flight identification. For example ident ACA810 is Air Canada Flight # 810.

The flight identification is very often the same as the flight number, though this is not always the case. In case of call sign confusion a different flight identification can be chosen, but the flight number will remain the same. Call sign confusion happens when two or more flights with similar flight numbers fly close to each other, e.g., KLM 645 and KLM 649 or Speedbird 446 and Speedbird 664.

SQUAWK

A transponder (short for transmitter-responder) is an electronic device that produces a response when it receives a radio-frequency interrogation. Aircraft have transponders to assist in identifying them on air traffic control radar. Collision avoidance systems have been developed to use transponder transmissions as a means of detecting aircraft at risk of colliding with each other.

Air traffic control units use the term “squawk” when they are assigning an aircraft a transponder code, e.g., “Squawk 7421”. Squawk thus can be said to mean “select transponder code” or “squawking xxxx” to mean “I have selected transponder code xxxx”.

The transponder receives interrogation from the Secondary Surveillance Radar on 1030 MHz and replies on 1090 MHz.

thank you, sir, there are 3 more that I haven’t found on the internet, namely msgs, age, and headings. can it help me find that definition?

There is wealth of information here

S.

I have searched one by one, even on the internet. however I did not find

msgs

Each aircraft transmits messages at regular intervals. The total number of messages received by your receiver from each aircraft are listed in msgs column.

Age is the time elapsed (in seconds) since last message fron that aircraft was received by your receiver.

heading

Direction of aircraft, measured in degrees from North in clockwise direction.

1 Like