Plane Crash on highway in Indiana

Just saw a picture on FB of N2714T (seen on this link) http://flightaware.com/photos/view/55868-bbc1459e13b8f372f5009b39d315421665d2166c/aircrafttype/BE35 laying in the highway median on I-65 at milemarker 42 in Indiana. Hope everyone is ok!

The media sucks at being accurate.
There is a huge difference between a force/pre-cautoinary landing and an actual crash.

The picture I saw was from a truck driver who took the picture as he drove by. Looks like maybe they had the highway shut down.

Kathryn’s Report:

JACKSON COUNTY, Ind. (February 27, 2016) – A pilot from Carmel made an emergency landing on I-65 in southeastern Indiana Saturday morning.

The emergency landing happened near the 42 mile marker between Seymour and Crothersville, Indiana just after 11:30 a.m.

The initial investigation determined that a Beech V35 Bonanza being piloted by Aaron Wright, 44, of Carmel, was flying from Carmel to Louisville, Kentucky when the plane began experiencing mechanical difficulty. Wright turned the plane around in an attempt to make it to the Seymour airport. Upon realizing the plane would not make it back to the airport, Wright attempted to land the plane on the southbound lanes of I-65.

The plane made a successful landing before entering the median and coming to a stop. The plane sustained damage upon coming to stop in the median. Neither Wright nor his wife Jean Wright or thirteen-year-old son sustained any injuries in the incident

Both directions of I-65 were slow for approximately three hours while the incident was investigated.