Flight Planning Data Base Airport Update

I regularly fly to the Camdenton Memorial Airport at Camdenton Missouri. The identifier used to be H21 but it was changed two months ago to KOZS (Ozarks Regional Airport.) Now neither H21 nor KOZS is available in the flight planning data base, so I have been improvising by filing to another airport in the vicinity.

When will the FlightAware flight planning data base be updated to include KOZS? I would have thought this would happen fairly quickly.

Ken McElreath

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I’ve applied a fix for this problem, which will go out with tomorrow afternoon’s release, around 3PM CDT. In the meantime, though, you can still use KOZS in the flight planner, even though it’s not “suggested” to you like other airport codes you might use. You can simply enter KOZS, submit the form, and continue with your planning.

Thank you for looking into this problem.

In fact, the planner wouldn’t even let me enter KOZS. It returned a message something like " not valid" or “choose an airport in the US,” or something like that. I tried everything I could think of, and it didn’t work.

Ken McElreath