iframe header
  • Join FlightAware (Why Join?)
  • Login
  • US Flag 
03:20AM EDT

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Banter Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 am 
FlightAware Member
Beechluvr - FlightAware user avatar

WiserTime07 wrote:
Beechluvr wrote:
:lol: Josh! my ole forum buddy..welcome back thought you died and went to hell... :lol:

Haha - no, just busy with work. It's much like hell, but more torturous and hopefully not permanent! :-)

how you been man?

Just fine...been going thru some changes in my life. Still waiting to hit the lottery... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 pm 
FlightAware Member
WiserTime07 - FlightAware user avatar

Beechluvr wrote:
WiserTime07 wrote:
Beechluvr wrote:
:lol: Josh! my ole forum buddy..welcome back thought you died and went to hell... :lol:

Haha - no, just busy with work. It's much like hell, but more torturous and hopefully not permanent! :-)

how you been man?

Just fine...been going thru some changes in my life. Still waiting to hit the lottery... :lol:

Changes huh? You know, that's a part of every woman's life and just a part of aging. Seriously - hope all is well and as far as the lottery, don't bother buying a ticket. I've got a lock on the next Powerball drawing. I'm going to buy a ticket or two and guarantee the 310 mil jackpot on Saturday! When I win, I'll take you for a ride in this Mooney I've had my eye on...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 am 
FlightAware Member
MANBOI - FlightAware user avatar

Not sure where else to put this. Steve Appleton's burial... Not a bad way to go out...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am 
FlightAware Member
flyboy97222 - FlightAware user avatar

WiserTime07 wrote:
When I win, I'll take you for a ride in this Mooney I've had my eye on...

Mooney?!? With that kind of scratch you could get a G450

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 pm 
FlightAware Member
WiserTime07 - FlightAware user avatar

flyboy97222 wrote:
WiserTime07 wrote:
When I win, I'll take you for a ride in this Mooney I've had my eye on...

Mooney?!? With that kind of scratch you could get a G450

I know, I'm a simple man though. Maybe one of these days I'd work my way up into the big leagues. Besides, we can't all be driving G's...

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 pm 
FlightAware Member
rw812 - FlightAware user avatar

What happened to liberma? He almost always had something interesting to say, even if it was completely wrong and/or condescending.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm 
FlightAware Member
FlyNYC - FlightAware user avatar

rw812 wrote:
What happened to liberma? He almost always had something interesting to say, even if it was completely wrong and/or condescending.

Easy there, David. You're stripes are showing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:39 pm 
FlightAware Member

hey FA staff, when I click on the "Discussion" tab I get this

IT WORKS!

Can't access discussions.flightaware.com

I have to go to search.php?search_id=unreadposts to access the board

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 pm 
FlightAware Member
will744 - FlightAware user avatar

It's been a while, guys.
How's everybody?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 pm 
FlightAware Member
rwb2112 - FlightAware user avatar

will744 wrote:
It's been a while, guys.
How's everybody?

Will, I'm disappointed in you, There is a Legacy Jet http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N742SP that is based there and no photos?
Not to mention a classic JetStar http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N710RM that's there too!
Ya gotta represent! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 pm 
FlightAware Member

I know it, man! I see them come over sometimes, but I never make it up to the airport. Shoot, it's been months since I've been up there.
I did make it to Wings Over Houston last year, and I still got pics to upload from that! I've just been busy, schools been tough, I stay busy around here, money's tight, and we're finally coming out of this drought, but it's till dry. I've gotta go to my grandparents place this weekend and help grandpa do some stuff, and that means I'm gonna miss the Collings foundation's stop at the the airport! :x I was planning on going, but oh well, family comes first. . .

How's Jr coming along, Jason?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 pm 
FlightAware Member

will744 wrote:

How's Jr coming along, Jason?

Still anxiously waiting his arrival

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm 
FlightAware Member

Does it look like it'll be on the due date? How's the flying schedule vs the baby schedule?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm 
FlightAware Member

I'm off till april 25th so looks like i'll be home as far as on if he'll be on his due date that's all up to nature :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:43 am 
FlightAware Member
rw812 - FlightAware user avatar

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of Congress

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more..

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what is wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!
We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey .. And now Pakistan ......previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government pours Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries! We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET...................... They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 am 
Charter Member
lieberma - FlightAware user avatar

FlyNYC wrote:
rw812 wrote:

Easy there, David. You're stripes are showing.

Especially when David gets the spelling of my name wrong. But that's ok, he is supposedly human :D :D :D

He is right, it's been awhile since I poked in here. As for me, flying SEL chapter in my life coming to a closure. Rental of a Cessna 172 up to almost $180 an hour locally (understandably due to fuel costs) and while I miss it dearly, my common sense says putting almost 2K in somebody else pocket per month with really nothing to show for it just doesn't compute well. I even thought about going back into soaring but that kitchen is too hot for me sitting in a green house tube with no shelter from the 90F+ heat with humidity match. Been a great ten year ride in GA so I am stepping out gracefully.

With this being said, I will say, the money saved not flying as gone to my newest toy, Mazda MX5 (Miata) 2 place roadster for my to and fro commutes. Not the speediest demon off the line but it's git up and mush is good enough for me (equivalent to the Sundowner I guess). Retired my 1996 Dodge ram for this vehicle since it was going to cost more to maintain it than it's worth.

Enough wordiness on me, may be mistaken for condescending or completely wrong , hoping all is well with the FA members! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 am 
FlightAware Member

Not to mention the dates don't match on the walmart post. It's clearly a rehash from the last election.

Al- flying is like riding a bike. Your IFR skills will become rusty but that rust can always be shaken off. Sorry to hear that you'll not be flying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm 
FlightAware Member

Quote:
Retired my 1996 Dodge ram for this vehicle since it was going to cost more to maintain it than it's worth.

Was it a gasser or diesel?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 pm 
Charter Member
lieberma - FlightAware user avatar

will744 wrote:
Quote:
Retired my 1996 Dodge ram for this vehicle since it was going to cost more to maintain it than it's worth.

Was it a gasser or diesel?

Gasser (1500 4WD). Body and engine was rock solid. Started the same as when I did off the show room floor and in the 16 years I owned it, it never failed to start except when battery gave up the ghost.

It was everything else that was going to pot. Needed new ball joints (upper and lower), radiator (not hose) had a pinhole leak when pressurized, transfer case had a slow leak and needed to be serviced from "lack of 4wd need" in MS, oil pan gasket needed replacement. Shocks were original to truck and probably would have been nice to replace. Transmission was actually still good.

Filled up my MX 5 the other day and it cost 38 dollars. What I put in the car as a fill up was just over 1/4 tank capacity of the Ram that held 36 gallons. I cringe on the thought of what a fill up would have cost in the truck :D

With the repairs, somebody getting a very nice truck.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm 
FlightAware Member

Yeah, I filled up our 24 valve Cummins the other day for $120. :x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 pm 
FlightAware Member

Jason, I sure hope you're a daddy or we're gonna have to get a chain and the tractor and go to work. . . :mrgreen: (no offense)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:17 am 
FlightAware Member

Lucas Eugene Rhew
DOB- Friday the 13th April 2012
@ 3:47pm
6lbs 13oz
19" long.
:) :) :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am 
FlightAware Member
JHEM - FlightAware user avatar

flyboy97222 wrote:
Lucas Eugene Rhew
DOB- Friday the 13th April 2012
@ 3:47pm
6lbs 13oz
19" long.
:) :) :)

That's wonderful, my best to Becky.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 am 
FlightAware Member
porterjet - FlightAware user avatar

19".....holy crap. oh, that long.

Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am 
FlightAware Member
porterjet - FlightAware user avatar

RMS Titanic lost 100 years ago today.
Here in England they are playing every movie and special ever made on TV.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221  Next