Helicopter at 41,000 feet

How common is it for helicopters to fly at 41,000 feet? I see N924PH on my receiver and also on flightradar24. Also, 474 knots seems very fast for a helicopter. Is this aircraft being misidentified maybe? Peak speed on the flightradar24 path seems to be 623 knots. FR identifies it as a Sikorsky 92A, which wikipedia says has a cruising speed of 174 knots.

I just checked the json aircraft file on my receiver, and it was identified from the ICAO hex code “acce53”

I know one made it to the top of Everest, however, it is pretty rare.
I think it would need to be specially modified to fly that high.
I think over 15K is pretty rare.

Google ‘helicopter speed/altitude records’ for an answer.

I think you’re missing the point. The question was rhetorical. I think it’s pretty apparent that the aircraft in question was not a helicopter. So then the question becomes how it was identified as a helicopter. Wrong ICAO somehow keyed in to the aircraft’s computer?

It was most likely just a bad packet. We probably get them all of the time.
Many times I have seen aircraft squarking 7700 on one device and not on the others.

helicoper at 41,000 :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Probably one of PHI’s fixed wing assets briefly misidentified as one of their helos tail numbers.

A bad packet or several hundred (or maybe thousands - didn’t count) bad packets? Also, note that my receiver and flightradar24 both received these bad packets.

That makes sense.

You people just aren’t thinking fantastically enough.

You just spotted AIRWOLF.

Expect a visit from the Ice Cream Suit brigade in 5… 4… 3…