All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad experience at Kissimmee Jet Center at KISM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:12 pm 
jifabrega - FlightAware user avatar

I am from the Republic of Panama and visit the US very often. On Feb. 6 I arrived at KISM for a 5 days visit to Disney’s World.

I previously had contacted Kissimmee Jet Center (KJC) to arrange for them be the FBO I was going to use. Unfortunately my experience was a very bad one. Here are the issues that made my staying extremely unpleasant:
I was told by a KJC representative that they do not answer emails or faxes. Everything is handled via telephone. Therefore there is not written proof of anything, even if I had sent a fax asking for information.

I rented a car from Enterprise. I was told by KJC that since I had a foreign driver’s license I had to pay an extra charge. I was using, as I always do when renting carts, my Panamanian Driver’s License. This is the first time someone brings this charge to me. It caused me an extra charge of US$ 10.00 per day. This “policy” sounded very particular to me.

I told KJC that I wanted to decline the Damage Waiver, DW, insurance because my credit card covers it. I was not allowed to do so. It caused an extra charge of US$ 19.99 per day. The ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, point 17, states that the purchase of the DW Insurance is not insurance and is not required to rent vehicle.

I have to mention that I was told that KJC was not going to rent me the car unless I accepted the extra charges mentioned above.

I am an AOPA Member and asked to get the discount I am entitled on car rentals. I was told by KJC that they do not honor the discounts provided to the AOPA Members on car rentals.

I was told that in order to refuel my aircraft I might have to wait 2 hours before the process could be started. I have no idea why this process should take so long. I have gone to other FBOs that are really busy and the refuel process is really fast.

You can ask yourself: Why did not you go somewhere else? The answer is simple. I was with my whole family, wife, kids, and daughter in law and my 1 and a half years’ old granddaughter and changing plans with this scenario is very difficult. The above mentioned points regarding KJC were very negative factors on what I thought would be the start of a marvelous trip.

My personal conclusion is that I will not use KJC ever and I share my negative experience with all the organizations I belong in order to save them of such bad experience.

Post subject: Re: Bad experience at Kissimmee Jet Center at KISM
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:30 pm 
FlightAware Member
N456TS - FlightAware user avatar

Wow! I hope you put a review in their listing on Flightaware and Air-nav.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:07 pm 
ffrcobra1 - FlightAware user avatar

They don't answer emails??? Do they also only refuel planes with radial engines or turbo jets? They need to exit the Stone Age while there's still time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:29 pm 
courtor - FlightAware user avatar

I have visited kism Jet Center numerous times in the past few years and never had a bad experience.With my last visit being this past January. Staff has always been pleasant and helpful. Car rental was effortless. I would definitely not judge this FBO by one bad review.