Specific API search query

Hi all,

Each day there is an average of 30,000 flights within European airspace. I am interested in approximately 300 of those.
I realise Flightaware does not hold information on all carriers, however i can work with what you do have.

I need to search the API based on the ability to compare Schedule departure/arrival times with their Actual departure/arrival times

I would run this search on all european airports each 24 hour period unless ofcourse you have a search that will allow me to include my airports into the same query?

You will realise running this search a couple of times per day and being charged aprox 30,000 times per day vs only a few hundred times per day is the difference between affordable and unaffordable.

I am looking to do something similar to ‘Search’

:query => “-belowAltitude 100 -arrivalTime - -schedArrivalTime >= 45minutes” (obviously im trying to use math within the string query which i know is incorrect here. lso understand i would need to use epoch time to compare both sched and actual arrivals)
:howMany => ‘3,000’,
offset => 0,

return

Airline, flight number, origin, destination

THe above is a theory if requirement, i’ve tried to put this to your reports department and twice now they have referred me to your API so wanted to find a solution to my needs with your help?

Thank you in advance,

There is currently no search-like function that will allow you to only return flights that were delayed. You will need to iterate through all possible airports you are interested in (using “Arrived” or “Departed”) and invoke FlightInfoEx on the individual faFlightIDs that you need more details about each and compare the individual elements. As you point out, this will be many thousands of queries.

I spoke with Sherron from the reports department and she will willing to quote you a price for a recurring custom report if you want to pursue that route also.