Notifications going to devices, but not to web endpoint

Hello there

I have been trying to use the flightXML functionality to receive alerts from flightaware.

As far as I am aware I have done everything right. I have setup an endpoint web hook, all tests run successfully. When I run the GetAlerts function, I get a list of all the alerts as setup which is perfect. I get the actual alert notifications to email, phone etc as per alert configuration. But not a single one gets sent to our server using the webhook.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks.

I see that there has only been one alert that has triggered for a delivery channel of your FlightXML push target, and it appears to have been successfully delivered:

2017-01-10 01:02:22 | t | Successfully delivered. status=ok, ncode=200, body=OK, duration=3231ms |

Remember that you can use this notifications page to check the status of recently delivered alerts: flightaware.com/account/manage/notifications
And you can use this page to generate test messages: flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/send.rvt

That was a test message sent from the link you just provided.

I want real alert notifications being pushed to the web hook. Please investigate, it is not working for me. Only tests are working. Maybe something needs to be configured on each alert, but I can’t see what that would be.

Thanks.

I have looked at all of the alerts configured for your user and there are do not appear to be any alerts that have been created through FlightXML’s SetAlert, nor any with a delivery channel of FlightXML.

An alert created through the website or the mobile app will not be simultaneously delivered to FlightXML Push targets unless it was created by SetAlert and specified with the appropriate channel.

Hi bovineone.

You are correct, they were all setup before I began using FlightXML. The GetAlerts returned them all and I was under the impression that that meant they should be flowing through to FlightXML.

Is there an easy way to configure all the alerts that have already been created to get sent via FlightXML as well? When I edit an alert, I can see the different notifications for iPhone, Android etc, but nothing to include FlightXML.

Thanks for your help.

You will need to configure new alerts specifically for FlightXML. There is no provision for modifying existing web/mobile alerts to be delivered through FlightXML also.

OK, great. Got it working!!! :smiley:

Thanks for your help.

Hi i have same problem and i have set flightxml alerts but i did not get any response on my endpoint.