Issue with getting Flight Alerts using json/post

Hi

I have the issue regarding Flight Status Alerts using json/post request.
I register alerts and it is showing on my FLIGHT ALERTS list. I passing the handler url to the service to receive alerts. I register the service url using function: RegisterAlertEndpoint(AlertPageUrl, “json/post”)

But for this account I am not receiving alert statuses.

I have test account. Same code working with test account without any issue.

Please advice.

Thanks

I’ve checked our system, and it looks like you’ve successfully registered a push endpoint with us, however I don’t see any alerts that have triggered or attempted to send an alert to you yet.

You can use the FlightXML Push Notification Testing Interface page to manually generate sample messages to be sent to your endpoint.
flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/send.rvt

And you can use the Recently delivered alerts page to see if we have attempted to send anything to you:
flightaware.com/account/manage/notifications

I do notice that you’ve set up a number of alerts (none have triggered, as I mentioned above). I might suggest that you make the ident be an ICAO identifier rather than IATA, since I cannot guarantee that the ident will be automatically matched with the flight in all cases. For example: “HA3347” should be “HAL3347”

Thank you for response.

I look to the notifications board and there is just one alert “You’ve just earned the endorsement on FlightAware!”, type: “Email Address”.
The issue is that: I successfully registering Alerts into this system but not getting notifications.

As I mentioned before, the same code is working on my staging account. There is no problem with registering and getting notifications.

I think the issue related with account settings. Is it able somehow figure out the issue?

Thank you

P.S. On the next account on Notifications board I see 5 records and the type is: “FlightXML push”
P.P.S. The Push Notification Testing Interface working without problem.

Please update your alerts to use ICAO identifiers first before we can troubleshoot further.

Your answer is not acceptable. Let me be very clear I need support on this issue as soon as possible as I am paying for this service. I feel like my issue is being brushed away and you are not paying attention to it.

According to your documents and contract your system works with IATA and ICAO codes. Check your documents first.
The reason that we signed up with your organization was that you work with the IATA codes. Second of all when we tested our system with IATA codes it worked fine in the test environment.
Also please pay attention to the following. We ran our production environment under the account “hbaghdas” for 3 months with all IATA codes and it worked fine. It should be very easy for you to check this account and see what we are talking about. Please do not tell me that the issue is the IATA codes.

I need you guys to check the account and let us know what the problem is and how this issue should be resolved. There should be a very simple answer in this regard.

I assure you we are technically very experienced and we know what we are talking about.

In many cases, most FlightXML methods will try to silently try to normalize identifiers into ICAO, but this behavior should not generally be relied upon since there are known limitations with being able to do it for all possible idents. In particular, IATA airline identifiers that include digits will not be normalized, such as JetBlue (IATA “B6”) because an ident such as “B6123” could be referring either to JetBlue 123 or an aircraft registration in China.

Technically speaking, the documentation for SetAlert does not specifically say that IATA codes are permissible, although it is true that it will make a best effort at normalizing idents to ICAO when possible.

However, your “grantu” account has “position-only flights” enabled, while your “hbaghdas” does not have this capability enabled. When you enable that, many changes to flight visibility and ident normalization occurs, including the best-effort normalizatino of IATA idents to ICAO. If you need to have “position-only flights” enabled, then you will need to do ICAO ident normalization yourself before invoking SetAlert or other FlightXML methods.

I changed the account settings to “Do not show Position-Only Flights” but it did not help. I still did not getting any alert.

Did you re-create your desired alerts after changing the “position-only flights” option? The existing alerts would still not match since they were created without the normalization in effect.

OK, it helps. Thank you.

Hello

I register alert: All Nippon 105 (KLAX → KHND) 11/27/2016.

That flight already landed but I does not get the json/post notification.

Can you please detail?

Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen,

We are looking in the issue right now. Could you verify that the user account that did not receive the flight alert, please? I checked the “grantu” account and noticed that the alert “All Nippon 105 (KLAX → KHND)” was not setup for 11/27/2016.

Thanks.

Hello

Account is grantu.
It was there now it is disappear. Next time I will make a screenshot to prove.

Karen

Hello

For this account from date 2016-12-11 I am not receiving alert statuses by json/post.

Can you please figure out the issue?

Thanks
Karen

Although you have many alerts configured, it doesn’t look like any of them since 2016-12-11 have matched any real flights because of the criteria that you have specified.

For example, you have an alert for HAL11 from EDVK to KPHN, but that flight does not operate between those airports (it flies KSFO-PHNL). flightaware.com/live/flight/HAL11

Additionally, you have DAL611 from HUKC to KPHN (but it flies only KLAX-PHNL, and PHNL-NGO/RJGG) flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL611

Can you recheck your application logic to be sure that you are creating your alerts with the proper origin/destination?

Hello

According your suggestion we have some changes in the system and now we are sending ICAO codes for Airports and Airlines instead of IATA codes.
For flight DAL611 we are sending correct Airport codes KLAX and PHNL. But in your system for some reason it is registering HUKC and KPHN. That codes (HUKC and KPHN) not exists in our system at all.

We are using provided function FlightXML.SetAlert(int alert_id, string ident, string origin, string destination, string aircrafttype, int date_start, int date_end, string channels, bool enabled, int max_weekly)

Should we use another function for ICAO codes?

Also we have changed the settings in this account to get notifications by IATA Code. We have changed Position-Only Flights = ‘Do not show position-only flights’. Should we back to the option ‘Show position-only flights’?

Karen

Our records indicate that you set the alert for DAL611 using these arguments:

proc FlightXML2::SetAlert args {0 DAL611 KLA PHN {} 1481414400 1481500799 {{16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled}} true 10000}

Notice that the origin was specified as “KLA” instead of “KLAX” and the destination as “PHN” instead of “PHNL”. Somewhere in your application code you are truncating the airport codes to 3 letters even though you have the 4 letter ICAO codes for them. (There is an IATA airport for “KLA” that we automatically converted to “HUKC”. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampala_Airport )

Our records also indicate that you set the alert for HAL11 using these arguments:

proc FlightXML2::SetAlert args {0 HAL11 KSF PHN {} 1481414400 1481500799 {{16 e_filed e_departure e_arrival e_diverted e_cancelled}} true 10000}

Again, this demonstrates the same truncation issue. The origin was “KSF” instead of “KSFO”, and the destination was “PHN” instead of “PHNL”.

Please correct your application’s implementation first.

OK got it thanks.