Enroute flights for London Heathrow missing?

Hi,

I am trying to call the Enroute webservice to return the list of enroute flights for London Heathrow (EGLL).

When I make the call to the enroute service, the webservice returns a list of enroute flights. In other words, I believe I am calling the webservice correctly. I have tried using the HowMany and Offset fields to vary the list length and position in the enroute list. I do not have any Filters applied.

In all cases the list of flights returned appears to be incomplete. Usually only 10 or so flights are returned which are currently in the air and enroute to Heathrow. All other flights later in the list are yet to depart. In reality Heathrow has many more inbound flights than 10.

In addition the data at uk.flightaware.com/live/airport/EGLL shows the exact same list of enroute flights as per the webservice call (bottom left corner of the webpage). However the map at the top of the webpage contains other flights bound for Heathrow that are not included in the enroute list.

Can anybody explain this? Are some enroute flights for Heathrow really missing? Is this a known limitation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Can you give some specific examples of flights that you believe are missing from Enroute? Keep in mind that when viewing the airport maps on our website, you may also be seeing aircraft that are departing or are just transiting through the area, and not necessarily inbound for that airport.

At the present time (17/04/2014 20:10 UTC), only 2 flights are listed as being enroute to EGLL, specifically UAL122 and AAL90.

The map at the same time shows that the following flights are due to arrive at EGLL (that is they have EGLL as their destination in their Track Data Block on your map), BAW759, BAW979, BAW633, BAW995, BEL2103, SWR340, QTR5, etc, etc

At face value, it would appear that all but 2 flights are missing from the enroute list.

What are the criteria for flights included in the Enroute list for EGLL? Is it just that they have a destination of EGLL? Or do other conditions need to be met?

Looking at this little bit more, I have just called the Enroute webservice for flights enroute to EGLL.
In response to the Enroute webservice call, flights with the following origins were returned…
CYEG, CYHZ, CYUL, CYVR, CYYC, CYYZ, KATL, KAUS, KBOS, KBWI, KCLT, KDEN, KDFW, KDTW, KEWR, KIAD, KIAH, KJFK, KLAS, KLAX, KMIA, KMSP, KORD, KPHL, KPHX, KRDU, KSAN, KSEA, KSFO, MMMX, OBBI and OOMS.
In other words flights from Canada, US, Mexico, Bahrain and Oman.
Should the Enroute webservice also contain flights from other origins?
Alternatively is there another webservice in FlightXML that returns all flights where EGLL is the destination?
Any help much appreciated.

Hi. I have the same problem, but with airport of Frankfurt (EDDF). When i call Enroute, return some flights, but don´t return all flights. i have the first 15 results: CAO1078, AIC121, DLH781, KAL905, DLH773, DLH729, DLH717, DLH713, SIA326, UAL944, DLH423, DLH401, SIA26, ACA874 and ACA872.

If we go to link: flightaware.com/live/airport/EDD … rrivaltime, the results that Flightaware presents (order by Estimated Arrival time, like enroute) are : TAM8070,MAS6142,CPA67,DLH909,BMR1917,AEE530,DLH195,BER6563,AMC328,BAW910,CAO1078,SXD2300,DLH27,ELY355,AIC121,DLH115,LZB437,SAS4757,DLH1129,TAP576,FIN825,CAT410,DLH1447,DLH781,IBS3658,UAE47,KAL905,CCA1041,LOT379,AUA125,CLH971,KLM1773,DLH773,SAS673,DLH863,DLH197,DLH275,EVA685,DLH117 and DLH29.

I use with filter airline and null and the result is the same. If i put the filter ga, dont return anything.

Can you help me please. (With airports LPPT the return are always one result, and if we search, there always than one flgiht at air. For airport LPPR, dont return any result)