Determine if flight is delayed & how long using FlightInfoEx

Hi All,

I’m new to FlightXML but am really liking using it. We are working on a simple website that shows flight delays and FlightXML2 seems like a really good fit. I have an API call going to FlightInfoEx, which is great.

My question is using the data returned (e.g. below), how can I determine if the flight (that hasn’t departed yet) has been delayed, rescheduled or any other changes that affect its departure time, and also how long the delay is for (preferably in minutes).

Thanks very much for your help.

NOTE: This is NOT a delayed flight (QF140, flightaware page is here: flightaware.com/live/flight/QF140)

{
  "faFlightID": "QFA140-1448381633-fds-0001",
  "ident": "QFA140",
  "aircrafttype": "B738",
  "filed_ete": "03:03:00",
  "filed_time": 1448381633,
  "filed_departuretime": 1448384400,
  "filed_airspeed_kts": 441,
  "filed_airspeed_mach": "",
  "filed_altitude": 360,
  "route": "DCT PEBLU N759 SASRO M636 PLUGA DCT SHARK N774 TESAT",
  "actualdeparturetime": 1448384940,
  "estimatedarrivaltime": 1448396160,
  "actualarrivaltime": 1448396007,
  "diverted": "",
  "origin": "NZAA",
  "destination": "YSSY",
  "originName": "Auckland",
  "originCity": "Auckland NZ",
  "destinationName": "Sydney",
  "destinationCity": "Sydney, NSW AU"
}

FlightXML does not currently expose what the estimated departure time is, which would be the most convenient way for you to determine if its departure had been delayed, however a future version of FlightXML is expected to do so.

The closest approximation that you can currently do is compare the estimatedarrivaltime with the (filed_departuretime + filed_ete) and see how much they differ.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, this is a bit of a problem for me unfortunately. I’m wondering if you would be able to expose this functionality as we are using the API in a commercial manner? If this is a possibility, what is the best way to contact your team to discuss?

I’ll email you directly with an additional option.

Hi,

I have the same problem. can you help me ?

Mickael

I answered this in your other post.