Delay times

I had read on another post that delay alerts are only sent out when the delay is of 30 minutes or more. Is this still the case, as it is extremely important for what I would be trying to use FlightXML to achieve?

Thanks

There is a certain difference threshold in estimated times that we wait for before sending a flight alert, but I cannot personally confirm whether that threshold is still 30 minutes right now. The need for a threshold is because there tends to be a lot of nuisance time changes that are +/- small amounts that would cause an excessive number of alerts to be sent to users.

Of course, if you make a FlightXML request to actively look up the current status of a flight, that will always reflect the current amount of delay since the threshold I described just relates to sending out alerts and pushed notifications.

Thanks for the reply. I take it there is no way to specify this threshold? Delays of 15 minutes or more would be what I was interested in, but 30 minutes is slightly too large for our needs.

The threshold is not currently configurable. I’ve confirmed that it is 1801 seconds (slightly more than 30 minutes) because there are have historically been a lot of nuisance flight time adjustments that are exactly 30 minutes that tend to frequently be erroneous and/or temporary.

As I mentioned, you can still explicitly poll the flight details using FlightInfoEx for the flights you are interested once you receive the notification that it is approaching departure time.