Billing activity usage counts

Last month I began utilizing the FA API to download flight history data via a custom application I wrote. Recently I reviewed our Recent Activity and found some anomalies.

1. From January 24 to February 6th I am billed for between 500 and 800 Class 2 counts per day (SearchBirdseyeInFlight), but on February 7th over 15 minutes I am shown as making ~5300 such calls. Looking at the tools I am using to make the Class 2 calls I cannot account for this magnitude of calls or how it would have differed from the previous weeks. I also see no record of this data getting to my systems - ie the data was not saved.

2. My tools are setup to make one MetarEx call after each a SearchBirdseyeInFlight call but I see that there are anywhere from one to nine counts listed associated with the MetarEx calls.

Can I trust the counts listed under Recent Activity?

Are you making requests with “howMany” that is more than 15? If so, keep in mind that for each multiple of 15 results that you request and receive effectively counts as another function call.

Yes we are aware of the factor of 15 billing when using SearchBirdseyeInFlight. SearchBirdseyeInFlight counts look to be about correct. But ‘howmany’ should not affect billed counts for GetHistoricalTrack. The usage spike of 5300 calls were for a Class 2 calls.