Feature to release an Rpi from my account

Hi, can we have a feature to release an Rpi MAC address from our accounts please?

I have acquired a used Rpi from a friend who also used it for Piaware, but now i have it and at present even though i have added Piaware 3.1.0 to it here in the UK i can’t get access to it via my Flightaware account due to it being logged to my mate Mick Ireland.

I need to have access to it as it’s due to be moved to a remote location Tomorrow and as yet have not heard back from the Support team, just seems a bit daft to lock a MAC address to an individual.

Anyway i’m sure a button or link to take you to a form to say why you want it released would be a good idea.

Thanks in advance

Rob

anyway you can change your mac address

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that guessing you mean by the spoofing hack etc, should be no need to replace out MAC address as it shouldn’t be held in the first place.

tried to change the MAC address but returns to original upon reboot

I can’t believe the guys at FA have told me it is very hard to release my MAC from their system but as working on a system to do this and have basically added me to a list of others by the sounds of it and will be done as soon as possible, we are the ones footing the bill for kit to feed FA so you think they would sort this mess out straight away,

not happy one bit

I was under the impression that the registration dropped after 30 days of inactivity. Could you unplug it for a month and then go back to it?
Maybe just not feeding FA for a month or so would accomplish the same thing.

no mate this pi last fed FA in April according to FA tech support so it may drop off the system but they hijack the MAC still

Assuming you have remote access to it, it should be no problem to fix up the user-to-MAC association even after it’s installed at its final location.
If you don’t have remote access to it… you probably want remote access to it.
Moving hardware between users is relatively uncommon which is why it’s currently a manual process that needs some time.

i can’t get remote access to it as it is running on a usb cellular data dongle and have not found anyway of setting up any sort of access or port forwarding in the dongle, this is why i needed to test it here with the fa account command panel so if it does stop or hang i will hopefully be able to restart piaware or dump or the whole pi from that access.
I’m out of time tomorrow night as i need to pack my stuff and leave for the 2hr drive to the location and won’t be back there till February next year

I second the suggestion above to spoof the MAC address in the /boot/cmdline.txt file. I sometimes have to do this if I swap the Pi hardware. It works. Just remember you did it if you use that same SD card image in another system!

thanks for that i presume it stays in the image and changes the next pi to the same then lol,

what did you enter in the file please apart from a MAC address

An outbound openvpn connection to a server you control works pretty well for establishing a remote management path, but I guess you don’t have time to set that up now.

Hi OBJ sorry for late reply on this,

No i didn’t have time but thanks for your idea,

Rob