All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eliminate Voting In Photos - Rate Only by Number of Views
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm 
rafaelz - FlightAware user avatar

Lately I have posted numerous photo in FA and within a very short time it gets a vote of 1 (sometimes is less than 5 minutes).
Since these are my photos that I have spend time in post processing, adding metadata and comments to the pictures, then it must be a vote of 5 - just kidding, but for sure those photos are NOT 1 vote (poor) quality (in the context of other similar photos).
This seems to be a rampant issue not only with my photos but many others, like someone, or bot, or whatever, making this happen.
This is very discouraging and makes the voting almost meaningless because this is obviously not moderated.

I am considering not posting anymore photos to FA because of this issue.

I have posted to Jetphotos.net and the opposite problem is true. Jetphotos is well moderated and every photo submitted is reviewed, but they are at the other end of the scale in terms of accepting photos. I gave up on them because their editor(s) and my judging in photo quality are at odds (based on their rejection criteria that are not correct in my opinion). They seem overwhelmed (and biased) given the number of days that it takes to review a photo.

Anyway, eliminate voting in FA photos or make it so it is meaningful.