YR-TIG Galaxy 200 - off runway excursion . . .

PHOTO of Galaxy 200 YR-TIG after a off runway excursion.

10 passengers and two crew uninjured after this Galaxy went off the runway in Oradea Romania - after landing in heavy fog at their alternate airport after destination airport was closed due to fog.

Seems the wealthy owner of the jet, and friends, won the right to hunt wild boars - a left over hunt held annually for the past Communist regime.
One passenger reported as Boris Becker - Tennis Pro.

Very rare to see a bent up Galaxy!!

That’ll buff right out!*

*Obligatory ‘That’ll buff right out’ comment

I like the accompanying graphics that show what happened. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I could’ve used that line last month when I had a little “hanger rash”. knocked the chock from the nose wheel with the tow-bar just enough that the tire kind of skidded by the chock while I was trapped between the tow-bar and the airplane. it rolled into the tug before I could safely drop the tow-bar and jump in front of the plane. Needless to say “that’ll buff right out” cost me over $500.

Trouble seems to find you! :laughing:

Unfortunately for YR-TIG, it was written-off in that accident.

The only other Galaxy to suffer an accident was VT-ARV of M/S Futura Travels in India, back in 2007 it over ran the runway striking a airport building, the aircraft was loaded onto an AN-124 Condor and flown to Savanah for repairs, and was recently spotted visiting the Malaysian GP.

airliners.net turns out - it all buffed out!!!

and a new paint scheme to boot.

Is it the same plane or the same reg?

Same aircraft repaired and repainted.

Originally delivered to Baobab Aviation (Pty) Ltd. of South Africa as ZS-PKD in December 2004.

Re-registered VT-ARV in March 2006, accident occured at Indore Airport, India May 2007, and since repairs sports the new paint.

Jetphotos - ZS-PKD Gulfstream G200-098

Jetphotos - VT-ARV Gulfstream G200-098

They sure did hide the duck tape good…

They used blue and red duck tape.