opaerating cost of king air B200 & 350

I am looking for the actual yearly operating cost of the B200 and the 350 when our yearly hours are only 150.

Charter.

I am in KHXD and want the access of my own plane… as I understand it from what I have been able to gather the B200 should be around 274,000 and the 350 about 310,00 based on full time pilot and part time co-pilot of 140,000 a year…and 150 flight hours a year. Am I close?

Both airplanes are going to cost you about the same to operate.

The following numbers are provided by ARG/US

Both are going to cost you around $700/hr depending on your per gallon fuel cost. That number includes average fuel cost, scheduled maintenance parts and labor. Engine programs will increase your per hour cost dependant on the program.

Expect about $.40/$100 for hull insurance, and $150-$160 per $M in liability. These numbers are annual. Costs will vary as well depending whether you fly one or two pilot.

Hangar is what it is…navigation chart and database services will vary…and pilot training costs will vary depending on the provider.

I’m going to reserve comment on pilot salaries other than a strong aircraft manager/pilot is grossly underpaid on average. They are subject to the highest regulatory scrutiny, while conducting a high risk activity and is the lowest paid of any commensurate professional vocation.

Thanks for your time and input, What would you put on a strong manager/Pilot salary on a 350 and the expectations of a well qualified Pilot as I have no reservations to pay what is correct. I am getting this bird to fly my family, myself mixed with some business trips until I fly that final flight and I plan on that last flight being in several decades then my Kids can do what they want. Also what do you think of the PRM1A. Jim Groff, my sales rep from Beech seems to be pushing the jet but !!! Both planes will perform what I need.

Is this going to be your first airplane?

No. I am 63 yrs young, have over 3500 hrs. in a 421 that I bought new in 81 and sold in 1997 because I could not pass my medical but can still operate as the 2nd pilot when I am on the plane.

Great. So you already know what you’re getting into… :wink:

New is good…I’ve taken delivery of three factory new turbine airplanes for my current employer. But given today’s market, have you considered “slightly” used?

As to a King Air vs. Premier 1A, that would require some discussion…

And to answer your question regarding compensation…there are many factors to be considered before placing a number on it. And then it will come down to negotiation between you and the candidate.

Flight department management is my background. I’d be happy to answer questions and/or provide assistance via PM.

I’m sure there are several of us that might be interested just from this website. Not that 13 years in Saudi is enough or anything like that… :smiley:

John in Saudi

But seriously, as azav8r can tell you the salesman is giving you numbers but not always comparing apples to apples. Just a couple of examples, runway length: The Part 25 jets show balanced field length (BFL) which assumes an engine failure at just the wrong time, while the Part 23 aircraft are allowed to publish numbers that show both engines running normally. Advantage Premier, but the PT6 has an excellent record.

He will also tell you the BigDog 700 will fly at 500 knots and has a range of 3800 miles. What he doesn’t tell you is 3800 miles is at long range cruise which might be 220. As you know from your 421 experience you will not really fly at either speed. If you haven’t already done it ask Jim for some real world comparisons. Get him to run some numbers for your typical trips, x number of passengers, speed 15 knots less than max cruise, etc. You might as well save a bit of gas and run the engines a little cooler, your hot section bill will like you for it.

The 350 will give you the best payload/range combination of the three and not take much longer than the Premier to get there. Unless you are going cross country.
I’ve flown the B200, including the Initial course at Flight Safety, it’s a great airplane. The 350 (money excluded) is just that much better.

And finally the Premier, like most of the new light jets, has a reputation as being, well, kinda funny looking. I don’t know anybody who thinks it is a great looking airplane.

Unless you need a new airplane for tax reasons there are still some great deals in the used market.

Good luck,

John in Saudi

Just wanted to revive a dead thread, so here goes.

The description about part 23 takeoff distances is correct, except as it pertains to the Kingair 350. The 350 is a part 23 Commuter category aircraft, meaning it uses a balanced field length just like the part 25 aircraft. And it has to meet the climb gradients too. So, when you compare a BE-350 to a jet, the numbers are a valid comparison. Just wanted to clarify that.