N167DD Hawker 800A substantially damaged in landing . . .

This aircraft is US registered, but operated by Confort Vuela S.A. and based in Mexico.

On March 28, 2008, at 0808 central standard time N167DD, a British Aerospace BAE 125 model 800A was substantially damaged while landing on runway 02 at Aeropuerta de Norte, near Monterrey, Mexico. After landing the crew taxied the airplane to the hanger and did not report the occurrence. Maintenance personnel noticed substantial damage to the fuselage and wings while performing routine maintenance.

The passenger airplane, serial number 258068, is owned by Aircraft Guaranty Holdings and Trust LLC Trustee in Houston, Texas. The flight initiated in Toluca, Mexico with Monterrey, Mexico as the intended destination. None of crew and passengers were injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the flight.

The investigation is under the jurisdiction and control of the Government of the Republic of Mexico. Any further information may be obtained from:

Secretaria de Comunicaciones y Trasportes
Direccion General de Aeronautica Civil (DGAC)
Providencia 807, Cuarto Piso
Colonia del Valle, Codigo Postal 03100
Mexico, D.F.

This report is for informational purposes only and contains only information released by, or obtained from the DGAC of the Republic of Mexico.

Nice. :confused:

… on first train out of town, never to be heard from again.

They’re headed south to the border…of Guatemala 8)

Check back later, I’ve gt some pics of the damage I’ll try to upload. Unbelievable!

I HAVE to see this… :laughing:

Here’s a few…

That’ll buff right out!

Not exactly… :wink:

Yeah, I know. Just kidding…

Wow- I think the crew was 2" shorter after that landing.

Oh my…Exactly what the hell do you have to do to a Hawker to buckle the fuselage skin?!? They’re not exactly lightly built aircraft.

Ref +30 2000fpm SPLAT!

Are you guys serious? Everyone knows that wasn’t a bad landing… the pilot snap rolled it 3 or 4 times on its last flight. The pilot is now hiding out in Mexico from the US owner. Message me if you want the full story.

Here’s the “full story”: NTSB Identification: DFW08WA091

It’s damage from a hard landing. The wings are unskinned because they’re trying to see just how far the main gear were driven into them.

Yes, the Hawkers are built like friggin’ tanks but even tanks will deform if you drop them from high enough up. (DAMHIKT!)

Makes for a great rumor…but the damage is certainly not consistent with over-stressing from a botched roll maneuver. :unamused:

I just got an email saying the co-pilot held onto the hard landing story for 9 days, long enough for the contract Captain to get back to Mexico, before he came up with the snap roll story. Full fuel too.
Here is a bit of the updated story I just got, not sure who is doing the writing here:

oops, forgot you can’t paste.

Short version. rolled 4 times, got scared and tried to stop the roll by full aileron reversal. Twice. Engines ok, need to change several mounts though. Wing is history, wrinkling noted around the exterior of the tail, still checking on the rest of the airplane.

John, I’ve seen that email as well and it doesn’t appear to hold up under scrutiny. Particularly the part about “They did roll it 4 times. What caused all the damage was when on the last two rolls, the pilot got scared and cranked the yoke back the other way to stop the roll and go back to upright. He got about halfway around and got scared and jerked it back real hard, that’s what twisted everything, instead of continuing the roll in the original direction”.

Another thing that is BS about the roll story is the part about the co-pilot holding out for 9 days with the “real” story :unamused: so that the captain could get back to Mexico. Well, the incident flight originated in Mexico City and landed (if that’s what you want to call it) :open_mouth: at Monterrey, Mexico which was the intended destination. Certainly the same crew didn’t fly it to the US for repair once the Mexican authorities released it…

Why would the captain need to get back to Mexico when he was already there? You know damn well that after the incident flight landed at Monterrey he fled and that’s when he went into “hiding”. With the captain hiding the co-pilot can make up any story he wants so that it exonerates himself placing full blame on the captain.

Further, wouldn’t one believe that at least one of the passengers would come forward to the investigators with the roll story if it was really true?

No doubt the whole thing is fishy. Maybe he snap rolled it, scared himself so badly that he forgot to flare…?
One report says they rolled up to the hangar, parked the airplane and walked away leaving it for the maintenance crew to find later. The other report says they pulled up to an FBO where everybody could see it.