Boeing 777 pilots fall asleep

Boeing 777 drops 5,000 feet after Pilot and Co-Pilot fall asleep.
nypost.com/2014/08/15/passenger- … Newsletter

Shouldn’t that be “Air India pilots fall asleep”. They work(ed) for Air India, not Boeing. :wink:

It is a Boeing 777 that they are flying and fell asleep in… At least that is my thinking.

At this point, no one “fell asleep.” The left seat was resting and the right was PIC. The article quite plainly states that the PIC did not fall asleep. Perhaps we should wait for a little more information, like fact, rather than innuendo before we idict these professionals?

Nope, they worked not for Air India or Boeing. It was a Jet Airways aircraft.

Jet Airways has confirmed the “uncontrolled descent” occurred and has launched an internal inquiry.

Additionally, the article states that flight was from Mumbai to Brussels. So, it couldn’t have been an Air India flight because Air India doesn’t fly to Brussels. From what I can tell by looking a the Air India web site, they don’t even have a code share to Brussels.

The article states

…while the captain was sleeping in what’s known as a “controlled rest,”… the co-pilot, who was meant to be in charge of the plane while the captain snoozed…

So I’m not sure why this was stated:

[quote=“jimcander”]
At this point, no one “fell asleep.” The left seat was resting and the right was PIC. The article quite plainly states that the PIC did not fall asleep.

[/quote]

I stand corrected. For some reason “Air regulators in India” got interpreted as “Air India”.
Thanks for catching.