International Flights From ORF?

Does anyone know if there are or ever have been international flights from KORF???

gracias

Currently no, i dont know about formerly, but i’d say no.

Arrivial to KORF

flightaware.com/live/flight/N428AS

I think some flights that go International may start their journey at KORF, but their point of exit from the U.S. is somewhere else.

Here is a departure.

flightaware.com/live/flight/TFF3 … /KORF/MYEF

In the last week: Talon Air #348 > 05-Jun-2007 > KORF-MYEF

In the last year or so:

destination | count
-------------+-------
 TXKF        |   190
 MYNN        |    60
 CYYZ        |    48
 MYEF        |    31
 CYUL        |    29
 TJSJ        |    26
 MYAT        |    19
 CYQB        |    19
 TIST        |    18
 MYGF        |    18
 CYKF        |    17

And many more with less than 15 flights.

Why would you think that there never had been?

I have the feeling that he may be referring to airline flights - and only scheduled airlines at that. Most people don’t seem to understand that an airport can be an international airport without a single airline - scheduled or charter - flight operating out of it.

I have the feeling that he may be referring to airline flights - and only scheduled airlines at that. Most people don’t seem to understand that an airport can be an international airport without a single airline - scheduled or charter - flight operating out of it.

You truly are wise, I didn’t consider that.

From Wiki

Norfolk International had scheduled international service to Canada on Air Canada with Bombardier CRJ regional jets in the early 2000’s, however the route was suspended shortly after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

De nada

I think most people are mislead when airports call themselves “International”, thinking they have scheduled service. From my understanding, any airport with some form of customs ability can refer to themselves as international. I think in most cases its just a couple of agents with an office on site. Someone is sure to have more info on this.

Pre 911 it could mean that there was as little as a direct phone line to Customs available for reporting your entry. Pick the handset up, no dialing required, and INS answered eventually.

Back when things were more civilized we could enter back into the states from the islands with nothing more than a phone call within 24 hours of arrival provided we weren’t carrying any non-citizens aboard. Trans border vessels on the great lakes could obtain “passes” through registration that allowed unlimited crossings with no reporting requirement.

KORF has customs available during normal business hours.

Of course that is only required inbound. Departing you can leave from anywhere.

Doesnt JetBlue offer service from ORF to the Caribbean??

According to JetBlue’s WEB SITE, they don’t serve ORF at all. The closest to ORF that they fly is RIC (Richmond) - another city in Virginia. Their Caribbean destinations originate from BOS, JFK or certain cities in Florida. I suppose you could go KRIC > KJFK > MYNN

Oh, sorry my bad!! I dont know what I was thinking!! lol

According to Jetblue’s interactive map, they offer connecting services to the following non-US locations:

Cancun
Santiago, DR
Santo Domingo, DR
Nassau, Bahamas
Hamilton, Bermuda