VRS Google API Key issue

Had my IP reset last night and now Maps will not load. I went through the stuff saying how to get a API Key. Put it in VRS setup map still does not load.

Java Console gives this info…

"Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError developers.google.com/maps/docu … -map-error"js:35:350
_.bb()js:35
km/this.H</<()common.js:52
_.py</<()common.js:224
Ul/d()common.js:46
AuthenticationService.Authenticate:1

TypeError: a.getNorthEast(…) is undefined
[Learn More]bundle-93e7ea8d-9bea-4fcb-8fad-f1a7dac50623.js%20line%202%20%3E%20eval:1:13665
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.jquery-1.8.3.min.js:2:40351
"Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys developers.google.com/maps/docu … o-api-keys"util.js:221:12

Any ideas? IS VRS now pretty much useless to me or am I doing something wrong? I listed the web address as the referr on the setup page, and have tried it with no restriction same response.

VRS has their own forums here: forum.virtualradarserver.co.uk/
You will probably get more help there.

The issue with that is that forum compared to this one is dead. They have information posted about how to do it which I’ve followed and done several times to no avail.

I was kinda hoping some one here had same issue and had magic idea.

It the windows version I can set it under tools, maps, Google Maps API key.

or

In a .js file search for something like

change it to

Kinda lost me, Am I looking for a file in the Installation Folder of VRS, am I building one?

I did try the custom Content the one person made but still does not work.

I’ve also did put the API key in the Tools<Options<Web Settings

I had the same issue because I used the custom aviation charts by ProHill. The method by Virtual Radar Server to include the API key only works if you do not have a custom map. You have to add the key directly to the custom-map.js file. To do so, the first line of the code must be modified. The original line is

<script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js"></script>

Place your new key in this line like this:

<script src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOURAPIKEY&callback=initMap"></script>

Keep the key in the Virtual Radar Server settings as well because that key will be used when looking at flight reports.